The Great Gatsby

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I saw the trailer before Moonrise. And was blown away. This is going to be awesome. As I stated in the regrets thread, i read the book in high school, but was put off, by the fact one of my all time least favorite teachers was teaching the class and having us read the book,

im hoping to read it again before christmas time, when I believe this will come out

i also think with the movie will be pretty visually striking.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    This is one of my favorite books of all time, I read it every summer it seems. I was initially a bit concerned about the movie as I was worried it would be too flamboyant and I thought Carey Mulligan was a bad choice for Daisy as she's not attractive and seems a bit young. But the trailer looked good. Toby was a good choice for Nick and even Leonardo is ok, I just don't see how this Mulligan fits? Right?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I just recently read the book and liked it a very lot. :)

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this film. Not a huge fan of Tobey Maguire's, but I really like Leo DiCaprio. :thumbup:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."