81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Ive been there...
    Cost me $400.99
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Ive been there...
    Cost me $400.99

:nutkick
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    anybody ever been to one?

I've been to a bunch of them. What do you want to know?
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    anybody ever been to one?

I've been to a bunch of them. What do you want to know?

is it worth watching? our vaction roadtrip plan had us hitting up cooperstown that weekend. just realized this AM it induction weekend. :fp: :lol:

not sure i even want to deal with the chicago crowd that will show up.... :fp:

might have to do vacation in reverse order. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

is it worth watching? our vaction roadtrip plan had us hitting up cooperstown that weekend. just realized this AM it induction weekend. :fp: :lol:

not sure i even want to deal with the chicago crowd that will show up.... :fp:

might have to do vacation in reverse order. :lol:

If you're close I would say yes. They used to hold the induction at the HOF but it got too large so they moved it to the Clark Athletic Center which leaves the town fairly empty during the actual ceremony which makes parking, access to the HOF, restaurants, etc during the actual ceremony that much easier but it's still crowded. The craziest I ever saw it was when they inducted Bench and Yaz.

The actual HOF is awesome and well worth the trip. At this late in the game getting a close hotel room is out of the question. You would have to look for a room in Oneonta, Utica, or Albany and drive into Cooperstown. The CLark family does a good job of preserving the town and the only hotel is the Otesaga and those rooms are usually all booked well in advance by MLB, current HOF'ers and media people. A lot of people rent rooms out in town but those are usually all taken. Just out of town they opened three hotel chains by the Cooperstown Field of Dreams but those are usually taken by now as well. :lol:

Wlaking around the town is gourgeous though and it's a wonderful experience especially during HOF weekend.
    i looked at priceline...everything was booked. :lol:

pretty sure i'm just gonna reverse order now and hit it up the following weekend. i'm trying to get away from crowds and cubs fans. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i looked at priceline...everything was booked. :lol:

pretty sure i'm just gonna reverse order now and hit it up the following weekend. i'm trying to get away from crowds and cubs fans. :lol:

Do you think a lot of CUbs fans will come given the circumstances?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,724
    Go to Ommegang
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Go to Ommegang

...and this. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

that place will be packed with cubs fans.

which also means our sat drive east will have tons of IL drivers on the roads with us.

which means, i better let the woman do the driving. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Go to Ommegang

...and this. :lol:

Might as well hit the Utica Brewery while your so close too. You will get drunk for free. :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Go to Ommegang

good call
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

that place will be packed with cubs fans.

which also means our sat drive east will have tons of IL drivers on the roads with us.

which means, i better let the woman do the driving. :lol:

I know he's a CHicago legend, and baseball legend in my mind, just didn't know if the fans would be like Yankee or Red Sox fans and take the town over. I might have to buy a White Sox hat and just walk around. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I know he's a CHicago legend, and baseball legend in my mind, just didn't know if the fans would be like Yankee or Red Sox fans and take the town over. I might have to buy a White Sox hat and just walk around. :lol:

if he was still alive, i'm sure it would be pure nutty....with his passing...it might dampen the turnout a bit, but i can see there being a ton of cubs fans there.

guess i should have watched Hawk's induction a couple of years ago
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

if he was still alive, i'm sure it would be pure nutty....with his passing...it might dampen the turnout a bit, but i can see there being a ton of cubs fans there.

The Sandberg/Boggs weekend was kind of crazy. Had Cubs and Sawx fans taking over the town. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

The Sandberg/Boggs weekend was kind of crazy. Had Cubs and Sawx fans taking over the town. :fp:

and i'd say Ron is on par with Sandberg in Chicago. it's official, doing the vacation in reverse order :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

and i'd say Ron is on par with Sandberg in Chicago. it's official, doing the vacation in reverse order :lol:

I bet Cincy will represent for Larkin pretty well too.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I bet Cincy will represent for Larkin pretty well too.
    Fuck Cincy....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Fuck Cincy....

Good baseball town though. Wouldn't mind seeing a game there someday.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    Never been to one but would have loved to have gone in '95 when Schmidt & Ashburn were inducted :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    My Dad and I go almost every year. Only worth going to induction weekend if someone you really love is getting inducted. Ive been to some awesome ones and some not so awesome ones.

Cooperstown is something every baseball fan must experience. And yes, as Cliffy said, go to Ommegang.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    But you know when is the absolute primo time to go if you dont wanna deal with the yahoos? Sept/Oct. Rates are cheaper. Foliage is awesome up there and there's almost nobody there. You got the whole run of the town to yourself.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925