Options

Cell phones at the EV shows?

BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I'm going tonight. The email from the ten club says no cameras or any kind including cellphones. Are they really not allowing cell phones into the venue or is it just keep it on you and dont take pictures?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm going tonight. The email from the ten club says no cameras or any kind including cellphones. Are they really not allowing cell phones into the venue or is it just keep it on you and dont take pictures?

Thanks

Last night no one even looked in my bag. Walked right in and on to my seats.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    I took tons of pictures last night during the show with my camera. I was never asked to put it away but I never used the flash either. I even got a shot meeting Eddie when he got off the bus. I can say I was pretty happy. It was a great night.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    People had phones and cameras. Saw one guard asking people to put cameras away but once he walked they pulled them back out. Wish I had brought mine.
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    yeah all the stupid whores can take their cell phones and spend the night trying to take shity pictures of Ed while fucking up the show for everyone else.
  • Options
    I took pictures and some video from both Boston shows. Night one I was in AA orchestra and no one ever asked me to stop. I did not sue a flash. The second night I was in the balcony and did the same. Again, no one ever said anything.
  • Options
    In Boston at least you could've brought an entire video set up & mics to record bootlegs & no one would've cared.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    they definitely did not enforce any of that.

people were taking lots of pictures and i only saw a security guard say something to someone one.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too into the whole picture thing, id rather just enjoy the show.

See people there!!

Peace
  • Options
    King47King47 Posts: 23
    Yeah I let "fear" take over my better judgement in San Diego but will have my camera in D.C. I think as long as no flash is used all should be ok.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE! www.wm3.org
  • Options
    I have no problem with people taking photos, but for the love of God – turn your damn flash OFF!! I swore I was going to have a seizure from all of the flashes going off around me. And unless you’re sitting 10 feet from the object you’re taking a photo of – using the flash isn’t going to help you get a better shot.

ETA: I guess my rant doesn't really belong in this particular thread since the question was about cell phones and not about cameras.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    if you're going to sneak anything in it should be recording equipment!!

i need a good boot of ARC!!

I loved that shit live!!

absolutely,positively fucking phenomenal!!!!

wonder if anyone booted the Boston shows.

sorry 10c,i know this is taboo but if you guys aren't doing boots of the solo shows,well.......