Time Warner can kiss my ass

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Been having ongoing issues with Time Warner and internet connectivity. Guy on the other end of the phone tells me that service for the past week has been sporadic for some reason...I don't know shut him out after being on the phone for about 45 minutes. I mention that I do enjoy using the web especially on my day off like today. The guy actually tells me over the phone that if the internet is that importnat to me I should explore getting a backup service. :shock: :fp: Pay for a service to back up your shitty service? If there was another internet provider in my area other than dialup I would asshole. Some people just don't belong in customer service.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    They may be hands-down the worst in customer service. My experience has been that they're helpful (read: nice, friendly) over the phone, but when it comes to actually resolving issues...no-go.

Last time our cable was fucked up, they "sent a re-set signal" to our box and we were without service for a week.

Last time our internet service was fucked up, they "sent a technician" (who, by the way, didn't show up for the first scheduled appointment so I missed half a day of work) who couldn't figure out the problem. After he left, my guy somehow rigged up the cables and router and shit, and boom, back in business.

I don't know how people using their service, who work from home and depend on it for their income, get by.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hedonist wrote:
    They may be hands-down the worst in customer service.

you've not dealt with comcast :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

local office here is in the city, employees are all behind bullet-proof glass. you have to pass things through a drawer to them
    81 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Oh, but I have - they were our provider before TWC took them over.

No difference!

Big fat suckage, and not the good kind :mrgreen:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I want to get rid of cable completely, I'm so sick of it. I just need to convince my kids :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    can you use your phone?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    TWC is terrible. My tv freezes all the time, especially when we recorded a show. We already changed the box a few times and realize that they are just all junk.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Comcast tried to stick us with a bill for a service tech that cancelled his appointment with us after calling us 4 times in 2 days to make sure we were home, our connection was out for a whole week. They also tried to make us pay for a new modem even though we are doing a modem rental.
    :fp:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    can you use your phone?

I updated my cell phone and there's not currently a jailbreak available. :fp:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

local office here is in the city, employees are all behind bullet-proof glass. you have to pass things through a drawer to them

Same here w/ the Comcast offices in Chicago. They are the worst. I switched to RCN and I couldn't be happier. Cheaper, rarely issues with service and very good customer service.
    you might be suprised to learn who is a VP of customer service at comcast. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    can you use your phone?

I updated my cell phone and there's not currently a jailbreak available. :fp:

:corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    81 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Yes they are the worst. Lobotomized morons working there.

I used to work cable so i can fix alot of issues myself till now with these new HD boxes. Half of them are pieces of shit.
    My butt itches!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mikalina wrote:
    I want to get rid of cable completely, I'm so sick of it. I just need to convince my kids :)

just do it. thats what i did. families arent a democracy. weve been cable free for a few years now and tho HBO are slamming some excellent shows i dont regret severing ties with rupert murdoch at all.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

You're shitting me
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

You're shitting me

nope. had to go in there to exchange a DVR. real scary.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

nope. had to go in there to exchange a DVR. real scary.

:shock:
    just do it. thats what i did. families arent a democracy. weve been cable free for a few years now and tho HBO are slamming some excellent shows i dont regret severing ties with rupert murdoch at all.
    I didn't read the article, but saw a headline today that Hulu is adding some HBO shows to their titles.
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    They are all awful but Comcast recently takes the cake for me!

We had the top tier service from them... Bundle phone,cable, and Internet plus some boost because I worked from home.

Every month without fail we had issues with our service. Had the whole house rewired. Purchased not one but two new routers trying to fix this stupid problem. Comcast repair call after repair call and these guys all screwed around with connections in my house never saying a word..... Bringing new boxes and other equipment.
    Here it turns out they had been throttling us. It clicked with all the cellphone commercials... I thought nah they couldn't be until I googled it but sure enough that's what it was.

Bye bye Comcast. They have been gone for over a year and not one issue since.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
    hedonist wrote:
    I didn't read the article, but saw a headline today that Hulu is adding some HBO shows to their titles.

whats a HULU????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    hedonist wrote:

whats a HULU????

It's a video site that lets you watch shows for free. Most of them suck
    hedonist wrote:
    whats a HULU????

It's a video site that lets you watch shows for free. Most of them suck

hmmm. i think i can wait for DVD releases.. if nothing else it teaches me patience.. something im sorely lacking. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    bionicamy wrote:

We had the top tier service from them... Bundle phone,cable, and Internet plus some boost because I worked from home.

Every month without fail we had issues with our service. Had the whole house rewired. Purchased not one but two new routers trying to fix this stupid problem. Comcast repair call after repair call and these guys all screwed around with connections in my house never saying a word..... Bringing new boxes and other equipment.
    Here it turns out they had been throttling us. It clicked with all the cellphone commercials... I thought nah they couldn't be until I googled it but sure enough that's what it was.

Thottling home internet? I didn't know it was done but then again I don't see why they couldn't. Sucks that you spent the extra for the "boost" which Time Warner offers and then they restrict you. What makes it worse in your case is they kept wasting your time and their money in your case with manpower doing service calls and there wasn't an issue. :fp:

hmmm. i think i can wait for DVD releases.. if nothing else it teaches me patience.. something im sorely lacking. 8-)

That's what I do... Or I simply steal my friend's Netflix
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

neither of you have dealt with RCN.
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    DS1119 wrote:
    bionicamy wrote:

Thottling home internet? I didn't know it was done but then again I don't see why they couldn't. Sucks that you spent the extra for the "boost" which Time Warner offers and then they restrict you. What makes it worse in your case is they kept wasting your time and their money in your case with manpower doing service calls and there wasn't an issue. :fp:

I know my household is higher usage.... But it wasnt crazy out of control... Takes a little digging but you can find your usage. With working from home and two older teens computers run almost 24/7 here. Seems from what I read in the past that Comcast in particular gets snippy when you start downloading from other services such as Netflix. My kids were doing this a lot when we had issues. Seems to be a common theme among consumers who have been throttled but idk..... Just something to keep in mind for others that might be having problems.

Article that ISP's will begin throttling consumers who Pirate movies and Music as of Marxh more byJuly 12th so beware :nono:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/RIAA-copyri ... 14459.html
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
    bionicamy wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    bionicamy wrote:

I know my household is higher usage.... But it wasnt crazy out of control... Takes a little digging but you can find your usage. With working from home and two older teens computers run almost 24/7 here. Seems from what I read in the past that Comcast in particular gets snippy when you start downloading from other services such as Netflix. My kids were doing this a lot when we had issues. Seems to be a common theme among consumers who have been throttled but idk..... Just something to keep in mind for others that might be having problems.

Article that ISP's will begin throttling consumers who Pirate movies and Music as of Marxh more byJuly 12th so beware :nono:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/RIAA-copyri ... 14459.html

The RIAA can kiss MY ass