Here's a poor sport

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Got hope this guy isn't allowed to coach anymore. :?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 32663.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i was going to start a thread title "If DS was a coach"

:P :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    i was going to start a thread title "If DS was a coach"

:P :wave:

I wouldn't trip a 13 year old. 16 year old maybe. But not a 13 year old.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    reminds me of when I coached my son's soccer team. They were about 10 years old and we hadn't won too many games. We finally played a team that we won by blowing them out 7-0. I tried to tell the boys not to run up the score, but it was hard to stop them. Anyway, the other coach was not happy. After we went through the lines shaking hands, I hear this booming voice from behind me: "HEY COACH! my players say one of your players said to each of my players "you suck" as they shook hands." And this guy was huge like 6'5" 250. oops, I felt bad, had to have the kid go and apologize to the whole team.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    Wow! :lol: What a nut job!
    I don't think that deserves an arrest personally. Just kind of reinforces the trend towards kids and their parents having a conniption fit if someone even looks at a kid cross-eyed. He was wearing full hockey gear, not like he was in any danger at all. I think what this idiot did is REALLY outrageous, but legal action? C'mon. :roll:

Of course he will be fired.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't think that deserves an arrest personally. Just kind of reinforces the trend towards kids and their parents having a conniption fit if someone even looks at a kid cross-eyed. He was wearing full hockey gear, not like he was in any danger at all. I think what this idiot did is REALLY outrageous, but legal action? C'mon. :roll:

In a sick way it is kind of funny but I can't support it. Laugh at it yes. :lol:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    reminds me of when I coached my son's soccer team. They were about 10 years old and we hadn't won too many games. We finally played a team that we won by blowing them out 7-0. I tried to tell the boys not to run up the score, but it was hard to stop them. Anyway, the other coach was not happy. After we went through the lines shaking hands, I hear this booming voice from behind me: "HEY COACH! my players say one of your players said to each of my players "you suck" as they shook hands." And this guy was huge like 6'5" 250. oops, I felt bad, had to have the kid go and apologize to the whole team.
    I don't understand when coaches or teams have an issue about "running up the score." If the kids can score, they should score no matter what. If that means a complete blow out, good for the kids who scored all those goals, and lessons on a couple different levels learned for the kids who got their asses kicked. I recall some Olympic hockey game where the score was something like 20 - 0, and some people had their panties in a twist about it, as though the winners did something wrong. I totally don't get that at all.

Telling the losing team that they suck afterwards, however... not so cool! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    PJ_Soul wrote:

i definitely think he should be charged with something...maybe misdemeanor assault. what an asshole. i wish the kid got up and hit him with the stick. youth sports bring out the worst in adults. it's just a fucking game and 95% of the kids handle losing way better than the adults.
    pjhawks wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

i definitely think he should be charged with something...maybe misdemeanor assault. what an asshole. i wish the kid got up and hit him with the stick. youth sports bring out the worst in adults. it's just a fucking game and 95% of the kids handle losing way better than the adults.
    Yeah, he's a total asshole, but geez, assault? Then every kid who ever tripped someone in the school yard should be charged with assault too. And those kids aren't even wearing body armour. Just to put someone through the court system in BC costs 10s of $1000s for the tax payers, and puts way too much attention on the kid he tripped as well. Just fire him and make him apologize, and ban him from coaching again.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah, he's a total asshole, but geez, assault? Then every kid who ever tripped someone in the school yard should be charged with assault too. And those kids aren't even wearing body armour. Just to put someone through the court system in BC costs 10s of $1000s for the tax payers, and puts way too much attention on the kid he tripped as well. Just fire him and make him apologize, and ban him from coaching again.

yes assault or at least some kind of reckless behavior charge. i'm not saying put the guy in jail, but charge him and fine him. you can't have a man in his 40s tripping a 13 year old (actually 2 since he takes another one down with him) on purpose because you lost a game. charge the fucker and put his picture up in the rink and show all the other parents and coaches that you will prosecute things like this. it's dispicable behavior. and it's not the equivalent of kids on the playground doing the same thing, not by a long shot.
    pjhawks wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yes assault or at least some kind of reckless behavior charge. i'm not saying put the guy in jail, but charge him and fine him. you can't have a man in his 40s tripping a 13 year old (actually 2 since he takes another one down with him) on purpose because you lost a game. charge the fucker and put his picture up in the rink and show all the other parents and coaches that you will prosecute things like this. it's dispicable behavior. and it's not the equivalent of kids on the playground doing the same thing, not by a long shot.
    No, it's not the same - I was being partly facetious. But the gong show that any kind of trial would create in BC isn't worth it. Just ban him from coaching, fine him internally if that's possible - it will have the same affect on his reputation. Save the tax payer's money. Just IMHO.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I don't understand when coaches or teams have an issue about "running up the score." If the kids can score, they should score no matter what. If that means a complete blow out, good for the kids who scored all those goals, and lessons on a couple different levels learned for the kids who got their asses kicked. I recall some Olympic hockey game where the score was something like 20 - 0, and some people had their panties in a twist about it, as though the winners did something wrong. I totally don't get that at all.

Telling the losing team that they suck afterwards, however... not so cool! :lol:

I've been on both sides of a blow out game and it's not fun for either side. Very difficult to reign in players that you have trained to score and win.

We've been up against teams that when they are far ahead they play "EMT" - Everyone Must Touch, meaning each player must pass and receive a pass before they can score.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Too bad the kid didn't go after him with the stick
    I take it back. He does need to be charged. Just heard on the local news that the kid broke his wrist. I didn't know he was hurt. So I've gotta go. I think the mob carrying torches and pitch forks is passing my door right now.
    He was probably high on bath salts.