Colorado Fires...Damn You!

mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So I am suppose to be getting married next weekend in Colorado Springs...only that our site is under evancuation, along with the bakery doing our cake and the hotel all of our guests are staying at (nearly everyone is coming from out of state). The only thing left so far is the music and flowers, just no where to put them.

Now my fiancee just called me and said our appartment is under evacuation, and I'm not even home to grab my Pearl Jam stuff. Lets hope my 12 years of bootlegs survive and all my vinyl!
I just pray for the hundreds or thouseands who have already lost houses or much more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    mace1229 wrote:
    So I am suppose to be getting married next weekend in Colorado Springs...only that our site is under evancuation, along with the bakery doing our cake and the hotel all of our guests are staying at (nearly everyone is coming from out of state). The only thing left so far is the music and flowers, just no where to put them.

Now my fiancee just called me and said our appartment is under evacuation, and I'm not even home to grab my Pearl Jam stuff. Lets hope my 12 years of bootlegs survive and all my vinyl!
    I just pray for the hundreds or thouseands who have already lost houses or much more.
    :o:o I'm so sorry! That is horrible! I hope everything ends okay. I can't begin to imagine how stressful that must be ... surely the wedding venues will refund or reschedule? ... Get your fiance to get your PJ stuff!!

Good luck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Good luck. News reports look terrible.

:(
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I'm sure they will reschedule/refund. But I'm from the West and she's East Coast, so we have about 80 family and friends flying halfway accross the country with reservations at the evacuated hotel.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    Awful pictures out of there.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    mace1229 wrote:
    I'm sure they will reschedule/refund. But I'm from the West and she's East Coast, so we have about 80 family and friends flying halfway accross the country with reservations at the evacuated hotel.
    That is a massive bummer... perhaps you can throw together something akin to a romantic comedy where everyone ends up thinking it's great even though it's unexpected?? Wedding in a park with a big family picnic or something? And then get your refund and put it to another use?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Oh man, Im so sorry to hear this!

How did these fires start?
    I read about some gel they were developing a few years back that stopped wildfires. I wish they could do it on a large scale for you.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    That's terrible. So sorry for you and everyone else there that is in danger. I've always said that I'd rather have the tornadoes and flooding that we have here where I live, than the fire you have out west. It is so scary and comes so fast.

Being optimistic, I guess it is possible that the fires won't reach those places, and they will get the fire under control in a day or two. Fingers crossed for you.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    we've got some really bad ones burning in UT, too :cry:

the weather is not helping....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I feel for you my friend. We were evacuated last night.
    I made sure to grab all my PJ stuff that I wouldn't be
    able to replace, and the portant papers and such. I will
    keep you in my prayers... at this point, it's all we can do.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931

I hope this all turns out as good as possible for you! :angel:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

I truly hope and pray that your home is spared. But most importantly that you, your family, and pets are safe.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    The skies are scary all around us. My sister is in Ft Collins, and I am getting the smoke from Utah and just north of us in Wyoming.

Take care all of you folks in the 'Springs!

May be in for the worse fire season in modern history; the beetle kill is just unbelievable and no moisture at all.

To the OP, so sorry about your wedding plans. My folks plans were "ruined" by a flood way back in '65, but they still got hitched. Seems a natural disaster included in the guest list makes for a long, fruitful union. :)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    best of luck to all of you out there. the news reports are terrible.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    The whole planet will burn eventually, but too bad it had to start in Colorado. Hey Wyo, when the Shoshone goes up in flames, man it's gonna be a mother fucker with all that beetle kill. Our forests are dying... :( :cry:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Man I'm so sorry to hear about the tragedies in Colorada and your wedding/house. Living here in South Florida ALL ALL we've had here has been rain EVERY day....I'd like to send all of our generous rainfall over to you and elsewhere who needs some rain. We finally saw the the sun yesterday and today it's all sun.

So hopefully that rain will get to you quickly to save those bootlegs.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    so sorry to read that mace.
    My thoughts are with ALL of the people in CO and of course the firefighters/rescue people, etc....so tragic.

Be sure to come back and here keep us updated.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me