Insurance

2»

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    lot of slime in this thread.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    Speedy? Who would you play poker online with?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

would love to buy a car the way Speedy is saying. and know what the price is. why do I need to negotiate that? I always feel like I am getting screwed.

Supply and demand. When I was working for Toyota and gas hit 4 bucks a gallon I certainly wasn't going to sell a Prius for the same amount of money I would have when gas was 2 bucks a gallon. Plus all of the gas guzzlers being swapped in were certainly not worth the same when the gas thing hit. The dealer network is so essential to this country. Why do you think the govenment went so balls deep in it's recovery. If the US automotive system ever crashed the dominoes that would fall would be epic. Everything from suppliers, to shipping companies, to tire manufacturs. Just to realize how importnat the auto industry is, next time you watch TV make a note of how many car commercials you see over a one hour period.
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    would love to buy a car the way Speedy is saying. and know what the price is. why do I need to negotiate that? I always feel like I am getting screwed.

carmax

btw...saturn tried one price car buying and we see what happened to them...americans love to negotiate
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Supply and demand. When I was working for Toyota and gas hit 4 bucks a gallon I certainly wasn't going to sell a Prius for the same amount of money I would have when gas was 2 bucks a gallon. Plus all of the gas guzzlers being swapped in were certainly not worth the same when the gas thing hit. The dealer network is so essential to this country. Why do you think the govenment went so balls deep in it's recovery. If the US automotive system ever crashed the dominoes that would fall would be epic. Everything from suppliers, to shipping companies, to tire manufacturs. Just to realize how importnat the auto industry is, next time you watch TV make a note of how many car commercials you see over a one hour period.

car commercials are the worst. TV and radio too. I just tune them all out. Cannot stand all of it, always trying to make me believe I need to buy, buy, buy. bleh, I just need something to get me around without breaking down.

I understand that is how you make your living and I can respect that (you would probably find issues with the industry I am in too)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle Jamie...

insurance does suck. Last year some lady smashed into me and her insurance kept dicking around, I was in pain and had to go to the hospital, so I started a claim with my insurance (I have PIP). I figured, it was obviously her fault, she rear ended me at a red light, then after a month, MY insurance says they want to investigate my claim...WTF? YOU are going to get paid from HER insurance, why do you care? :x

So I hired a lawyer...FUCK YOU insurance companies!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

the .gov should have never been involved with any bailout of any company.

GM would have gone to BK court, and they would have kept on building cars. happens every day.

what are these commercials you speak of? commercial comes on, on go to my back up program.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I understand that is how you make your living and I can respect that (you would probably find issues with the industry I am in too)

It's just the car industry gets banged on so hard and if you're not involved with it it is so overregualted for consumer protection people wouldn't even believe. It's funny when I bring up the fact that I want to make a 3% profit to a customer on a car and I'll even disclose what I paid for it. They get offended. :? :lol: Tehn I bring up the fact the clothes they are wearing was probably a 100% profit, the perfume they have on was a 500% profit, the furniture they park their fat asses on was probably 100%, their TV was probably 500%, etc. It's almost comical at times. :fp:
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    edited June 2012
    Post edited by Yellow Ledbelly on
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

It's just the car industry gets banged on so hard and if you're not involved with it it is so overregualted for consumer protection people wouldn't even believe. It's funny when I bring up the fact that I want to make a 3% profit to a customer on a car and I'll even disclose what I paid for it. They get offended. :? :lol: Tehn I bring up the fact the clothes they are wearing was probably a 100% profit, the perfume they have on was a 500% profit, the furniture they park their fat asses on was probably 100%, their TV was probably 500%, etc. It's almost comical at times. :fp:

i think you have profit and mark up mixed up. ;)

carmax was at 13.7% gross margin last year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Damn...I feel bad for your aunt and uncle...and the other (60??) people now displaced. So tough to keep calm amid the panic of fire.

I'm fortunate when it comes to homeowner's insurance...reasonable rates, and haven't had to make a claim since I got the policy 20 years ago.

If possible, no one should be without. We all need a safety net now and then.
    good stuff here

http://www.group1corp.com/Images/Presen ... 142pGM.pdf

new car sales had a 6% gross profit
    used cars were 8% gross profit
    parts and service were 51.7%
    finanicing and insurance was somehow 115% :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

well I'm no salesman but, telling a potential customer parking their FATASSES on overpriced furniture probably isnt the best way to get a sale. Just sayin.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

the .gov should have never been involved with any bailout of any company.

GM would have gone to BK court, and they would have kept on building cars. happens every day.

what are these commercials you speak of? commercial comes on, on go to my back up program.

Ya'll take this over to A Moving Train. This is the AET, y'hear? :nono: :D
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i think you have profit and mark up mixed up. ;)

carmax was at 13.7% gross margin last year

I may have mixed up the terms but you know what I mean. A customer legitamately will walk into my showroom and expect me to make a 100 profit on a 60,000 investment. Are you fucking kidding me? At that rate the dealer principal would be better off investing his money in CD's then worrying about your car needs.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    drivingrl wrote:

Ya'll take this over to A Moving Train. This is the AET, y'hear? :nono: :D

would you mind telling them that in the circumcision thread too? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

well I'm no salesman but, telling a potential customer parking their FATASSES on overpriced furniture probably isnt the best way to get a sale. Just sayin.

I don't use those specific terms all of the time. But I have with cetain hard heads. :lol:
  • faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    I think DS and speedy should just whip cocks out and see who's is bigger.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.

I'd win...unless he wasn't circumcised.
  • faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    DS1119 wrote:

Lmao. Ha. Ya, cause that extra quarte inch is the deal breaker. Theyd pull out those football measuring chains, then at last moment your hood would uncurl and youd pass him. Lmfao
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    he's a two linker
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

Lmao. Ha. Ya, cause that extra quarte inch is the deal breaker. Theyd pull out those football measuring chains, then at last moment your hood would uncurl and youd pass him. Lmfao

99208311-260x260-0-0_Fisher+Fisher+Football+7+ft+Chains+Set+with+Indica.jpg