*a poll* do you think it is appropriate...

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
To bring (and fly) the American flag to a Pearl jam show on the fourth of July in Berlin?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    sounds fine to bring a flag of your country to a show. people do it all the time all over the world
  • mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    I'm not American and I see no issues with it, provided its done in a peaceful and respectful manner (not blocking other peoples view etc...).
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Sure, as long as you aren't blocking the view of everyone behind to make them dislike Americans more than they already might ;)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Not a fan of flags at shows....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    i see nothing wrong with it. makes me think of PJ20 & ACL when the flags were flying like crazy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Go for it!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i see nothing wrong with it. makes me think of PJ20 & ACL when the flags were flying like crazy.
    Go for it!
    Carey wrote:
    Sure, as long as you aren't blocking the view of everyone behind to make them dislike Americans more than they already might ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Yeah, just fly it mostly in between songs and during evenflow.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    mca47 wrote:
    Not a fan of flags at shows....

This
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    AzWicker wrote:
    Yeah, just fly it mostly in between songs and during evenflow.

:lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    As long as it's done respectfully I see zero problem with it and remember to not ever let it touch the floor and to fold it properly.

http://www.usflag.org/foldflag.html
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    and just for the record..Cav,u can be with me at the venue..thats means no one gonna say anything to u or create a problem..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    i wouldn't do it in a foreign land like that. remembers lots of people out there don't like us Americans. it only takes one idiot to create an incident.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    and just for the record..Cav,u can be with me at the venue..thats means no one gonna say anything to u or create a problem..

No one puts Cav in the corner 8-):lol:
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Nationalism is a disease. Let your freak flag fly instead.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    as long as they don't block anyone's view, I think it is fun to see flags from all the countries that people travelled from to see the shows. U2 shows always have a lot of them, got to meet people from just about every continent at last summer's shows here in the US
  • faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    Nope. Bring a Canadian one ;)

Rf answer. I know.
    But ya I think it's koo
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I think you should go dressed as a cross between the flag and the Statue of Liberty. We have a woman who dresses like this all the time - Stars and Stripes trousers and t-shirt and Statue of Liberty headdress and torch. She always seem very content, I don't know if she's completely aware of which country she lives in though.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Claireack wrote:
    I think you should go dressed as a cross between the flag and the Statue of Liberty. We have a woman who dresses like this all the time - Stars and Stripes trousers and t-shirt and Statue of Liberty headdress and torch. She always seem very content, I don't know if she's completely aware of which country she lives in though.

:lol:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    mfc2006 wrote:

Man, I remember that... so many flags, and there was one about 40 feet in the air flying above everyone else's:

Come%20and%20Take%20it.png

And I remember the "Take down the flags" chant about 10 minutes before PJ started, and most everyone took them down, but not that one fucking guy.... :lol: ... luckily I was at the front, so it didn't effect my view. :D

It's your flag... fly it if you want - but don't block the view of those behind/around you while the band is playing... remember, they paid for a seat too. :idea:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    mervin50 wrote:
    I'm not American and I see no issues with it, provided its done in a peaceful and respectful manner (not blocking other peoples view etc...).
    Agreed.
    Too many people get
    too uptight about the behaviour
    of fellow concert-goers.
    Peace + respect will set you free.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm not for signs or flags or the like at concerts ...
    to me that is infringing on others in a me, see me way.

No matter what, someone's view is blocked at certain points during the concert
    and bad karma filters into what is supposed to be all positive vibes.
    There just isn't a good time...
    in between music is often when cool stuff happens on stage or Eddie is speaking.

How about a "Yeah USA" followed by "I love" whatever country is hosting.
    Just as good as waving a flag and risking someone missing something
    they wish they could have witnessed.

Equal rights equal sights for all.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Caveeze wrote:
    To bring (and fly) the American flag to a Pearl jam show on the fourth of July in Berlin?

My answer is:

America! Fuck yeah!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Caveeze wrote:

fuck yeah
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Perhaps you would feel more comfortable if you wore the flag as a cape with a pair of pink lionel richie booty shorts and a Tigers hat. you could paint your chest with some red white and blue fireworks and Happy 4th of July! That way you could represent but still blend in.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Perhaps you would feel more comfortable if you wore the flag as a cape with a pair of pink lionel richie booty shorts and a Tigers hat. you could paint your chest with some red white and blue fireworks and Happy 4th of July! That way you could represent but still blend in.
    now see, this post is useless without pics.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    all good as long as you remember in that Europe the US flag should be flown upside down at all times :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    RYEzupSF wrote:

:thumbup: :lol: