Priceline

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just wondering what people's experiences have been using this site? Buying some airline tickets. Normally I stick with Orbitz or the airline's actual site but the price I'm getting from Priceline is ridiculously cheap for what I want. :? Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Don't use Priceline, they killed Shatner.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Don't use Priceline, they killed Shatner.

Ok thanks. :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    use them all the time for hotels....never booked airfare, but if the rate is awesome, book it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    but if the rate is awesome, book it.

Look no further than this. If it's a good price and what you need, get it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • I've used them twice for hotels now and they're awesome for that
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    Use em all the time... They always have the best deals for what I'm looking for
    And I try on every site pretty much

If you could.... Use name your own price. Talk about cheap
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Use name your own price. Talk about cheap

this...although not sure i would do that for flying. i like knowing those details up front....but we've scored some nice hotels for cheap thru them.

if you do the name your own price thing for hotels, check out betterbidding.com
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    I've had good experiences with it with hotels for Seattle. Got great rooms and great prices last minute with the name your price dealio. When you get a room it feels like you won something. :lol: So it's my go-to for hotels I guess you could say. Never tried with flights though. It's a stand-up company as far as I can tell. Just make sure you read all the fine print BEFORE you accept the flight. Not sure I'd use it for flights myself. Hotels all the way.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I use it for hotels plenty - just be sure you are really going and that you know your city areas - you can't cancel your hotel once you've paid. I probably wouldn't use it for plane fare unless I had unlimited time. I've heard from others that you can get some terrible times - super late at night start or super early morning. But I've gotten plenty of great hotel deals via the priceline bid system.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I never used them for airline tickets either, but never had issues with them when booking hotels!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols