Wish me luck!

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I have an interview today for a social media research kind of job...I think LOL. What's funny is that it's literally across the street (parallel) to my old job. Hehehe. The guy shares a last name with one of my most favorite people in the world...Ulrich :mrgreen: Perhaps it's fate?
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Good luck and I hope you get what you're looking for. :thumbup:
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    You'll kick ass!!! Good Luck!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Seemed to have went well! Very casual office, which I love. The company does campaigning through social media (facebook, twitter, blogging, etc.) for businesses. Pretty much right up my alley seeing as I'm a writer and I'm pretty good at blogging :P They're looking to put me in an account managing position type...like making sure everything is going how it's supposed to and handling "traffic" between clients and staff, proof reading, editing....sounds alright to me! They said they were interviewing people all week, so I figured I'd give it until next Monday and then call back.

**fingers crossed**
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Seemed to have went well! Very casual office, which I love. The company does campaigning through social media (facebook, twitter, blogging, etc.) for businesses. Pretty much right up my alley seeing as I'm a writer and I'm pretty good at blogging :P They're looking to put me in an account managing position type...like making sure everything is going how it's supposed to and handling "traffic" between clients and staff, proof reading, editing....sounds alright to me! They said they were interviewing people all week, so I figured I'd give it until next Monday and then call back.

**fingers crossed**

Send a thank you letter or email.
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Fingers crossed:)
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    good luck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    fingers crossed for you. good luck!!
    I lost a bet...
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Good Luck!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Best of Luck to you!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    DS1119 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

**fingers crossed**

I was actually thinking of sending a thank you email, as I do have the guy's email address. I thought that was too, I dunno, like weird?
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I was actually thinking of sending a thank you email, as I do have the guy's email address. I thought that was too, I dunno, like weird?

To me not at all. Something short in the email to the effect of "thank you for taking the time to meet with me yesterday" and then something positive and strong like "I look forward to hearing from you". Shows to your new boss that you have good follow up skills and puts your "face" in front of him again.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Good luck to you!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Good luck!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    DS1119 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

To me not at all. Something short in the email to the effect of "thank you for taking the time to meet with me yesterday" and then something positive and strong like "I look forward to hearing from you". Shows to your new boss that you have good follow up skills and puts your "face" in front of him again.
    Ok...I'll try it. But of course if he calls me "creepy" and I don't get the job, you're sending me a paycheck :lol: :P
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I hire and interview a lot of people, and maybe I'm weird, but I give extra points to those who send a follow-up email or card.

Good luck!
    I win.