Options

All or None reappears

TPC10TPC10 Posts: 4
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
All or None makes it back to the set on 9/27/06 and hasnt been played since 10/5/2004 in St. Louis, which I happened to be at (and also was a stagehand that night & loaded up the PJ trucks with all the PJ equipment). I wish this song would get played more consistently. Great song with an awesome solo at the end. Any others love this song?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I think its the best from Riot Act, ..no doubt.
  • Options
    It was special for me yesterday....The best from RA for sure...well, it was amazing...Ed put his head down between his arms for the last solo...looking like he was totaly in the song...I was..and to my buddy Austrian(don't know his name), but it was special to him to
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    All or None is just way too good of a song not to be played.

Good to see it back.

Thin Air is another good one that needs more playtime.
  • Options
    Absolutely awesome ... All or None and Thin Air in one set.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    This song is really special to me...

Love it.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Inredible song. So glad to see it back in the set. I might just have to buy this show.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    All or none....

it is a song that marked me, quite possibly like no other Pearl Jam song...

I wish I could see it live, but it is so seldomly played I have little hope that I ever will. A true beauty of a song, a rare gem
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Absolutely awesome ... All or None and Thin Air in one set.

EXACTLY! WELCOME BACK BEAUTIES! :D
    2 of THE most gorgeous gifts in the entire PJ catalogue imo. Both on the same set? :o Talk about straight up heaven on earth!

I agree Buru, ALL OR NONE is definitely a PJ masterpiece like no other. There is something so special and untouchable about this Dream Team gift from above. It really is a rare gem and that just seems to add even more to it's specialness. :o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

I agree Buru, ALL OR NONE is definitely a PJ masterpiece like no other. There is something so special and untouchable about this Dream Team gift from above. It really is a rare gem and that just seems to add even more to it's specialness. :o

It does have that special quality that sets it apart
    :)
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    It really, really does. :)

BTW TPC10 ~ I was @ St Louis too and getting this completely floored me, as if that breathtaking venue hadn't enough already! Quite the match! I remember turning to every stranger around me like "do you know what's happening right now!? do you have any idea??" Well that's what I was thinking anyway. I couldn't actually get any words out. :p What a miracle!!!!!!

And this solo!? Pleeeeeease. Hands down one of my fav Mikey solos ever done. I have no idea how it can sound/feel like this! It's beyond a solo. As my other All Or None-ians from the old All Or None thread know...I often rever to it as emotionally orgasmic. :D That it is! :o Always different but always the same effect! And now we have a NEW one to get lost in. Ahh I cannot wait to hear it!

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    It really, really does. :)

BTW TPC10 ~ I was @ St Louis too and getting this completely floored me, as if that breathtaking venue hadn't enough already! Quite the match! I remember turning to every stranger around me like "do you know what's happening right now!? do you have any idea??" Well that's what I was thinking anyway. I couldn't actually get any words out. :p What a miracle!!!!!!

And this solo!? Pleeeeeease. Hands down one of my fav Mikey solos ever done. I have no idea how it can sound/feel like this! It's beyond a solo. As my other All Or None-ians from the old All Or None thread know...I often rever to it as emotionally orgasmic. :D That it is! :o Always different but always the same effect! And now we have a NEW one to get lost in. Ahh I cannot wait to hear it!

chances of them playing it at the Bridge?
    I'll be there for night 1
    I can't think of any other song I'd love most to hear live
    It just means too much to me
  • Options
    This is a very dear song to me, I love it immensely...

It was a truly pleasant surprise to hear it in Zagreb yesterday, I got all teary-eyed when I heard the first notes. And after hearing it live in my hometown at my first PJ concert ever, it holds an even more special place in my heart. It's been in my head the whole day today and I've been reliving last night's experience over and over again...

THANK YOU PEARL JAM FOR THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!
    Just put a bend in the road, I'm growing tired of straight lines...
  • Options
    Wow, this is a first...I got the shivers just THINKING about seeing this song live. Thats how damn special it is!

I hope to hell I get to see this live at some point in my life!

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I saw it at St. Louis '04 too.
    Wow, such a powerful and beautiful song!

I'd love to hear PJ play more bluesy tunes like this.
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    Wow, this is a first...I got the shivers just THINKING about seeing this song live. Thats how damn special it is!

I hope to hell I get to see this live at some point in my life!

Peace
    :-p

I hope so too.
  • Options
    They touched me when they played it...oh yeah,. the whole acoustic set, but esp All Or None. I put a THANK YOU sign during the song, and Mike just shook his head saying: No, thank YOU! :o:)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    it definitely was special hearing All Or None live considering people in this part of the world(i am from macedonia) are not able to see Pearl Jam many times so it was un-fuckin'-amazing... i was second row and i was amazed at how many people around me knew almost all of the words... thank you X 1 000 000 000 times to Pearl Jam for the most special day of my life and something i'll never forget even in the after life... it was my first Pearl Jam concert and i am sure not the last :)...

cheers to all of you that were in Zagreb and all of you around the world that love Pearl Jam and are addicted as i am :)...
  • Options
    to myself I surrender... to the one I'll never please