Anyone into track and field?

PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watching the US Olympic trials?

Anyone excited about the Olympics?

It was cool to see a new world record set in the decathlon yesterday.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I can't wait!! I ran track in college and I like to see how badly those women would have blown my doors off ;)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Carey wrote:
    I can't wait!! I ran track in college and I like to see how badly those women would have blown my doors off ;)

Where did you run? What events?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    not as much as my husband and son BUT I am looking forward to the olympics
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    In high school I threw those things around and would win first place and stuff
    edited June 2012
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Carey wrote:

Where did you run? What events?

I ran at EIU, we were not great at all for a Divison I team. But, we had a great time and I made lifelong friends doing it. I ran Cross Country, and usually did the 1500, and distance medley relay in track. Occasionally the 3K.
    Post edited by Carey on
    Carey wrote:
    I ran at EIU, we were not great at all for a Divison I team. But, we had a great time and I made lifelong friends doing it. I ran Cross Country, and usually did the 1500, and distance medly relay in track. Occasionally the 3K.

I ran distance in HS (wasn't fast enough to run at a Big Ten school like U of I) - favorite event was the mile. My wife actually coaches HS cross country and track.
    Very cool! Is she coaching in the Chicago suburbs by chance? At least one of my college teammates now teaches/coaches up in that area. I wasn't fast enough to run at U of I either, hence going to EIU so I could get school paid for. U of I killed us regularly.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    no
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I ran the 3200 and cross country in high school and so does my son
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I ran the 3200 and cross country in high school and so does my son

The 3200 is rough. I always hated that race. Especially indoors. 20+ laps on an indoor track was awful.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Caveeze wrote:
    no
    :lol::lol:8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me