Options

Isle of Wight Poster in Goods now !

Comments

• Options
    I received my poster yesterday - had to pay tax on it - well fair enough I suppose. I am now trying to get it out of the tube and this is proving impossible. It has been packed so tightly I will have to tear the tube apart and at the moment I don't know how to do that. To say I am angry is hardly stating it. I risk damaging what I have just spent a lot of money on!
    Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
    motorcade wrote:
    Just got home to find the Royal Mail (£11.81) card waiting for me too...

The first time I have ever been hit with a customs charge, when ordering from 10C, and I have ordered a lot more expensive items in the past.

Now I have to wait until, at least, Wednesday 'til I can pick it up... :(

im also from cornwall but didn't have to pay the custom charge for my poster. sorry you got stung. seems strange i've never had to pay anything extra from the 10c shop. royal mail :nono:

That's it, I'm moving to your part of Cornwall! Got the card through the door on Friday, I look forward to asking when I pick it up why it costs them £8 for 'handling' when I have to go and collect it from the P.O. - I should be charging them! :?
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    EB260825 wrote:
    I received my poster yesterday - had to pay tax on it - well fair enough I suppose. I am now trying to get it out of the tube and this is proving impossible. It has been packed so tightly I will have to tear the tube apart and at the moment I don't know how to do that. To say I am angry is hardly stating it. I risk damaging what I have just spent a lot of money on!

Mine was in pretty tightly to, just get a good grip of the paper that's either side of the poster and pull - it'll be fine
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    EB260825 wrote:

Mine was in pretty tightly to, just get a good grip of the paper that's either side of the poster and pull - it'll be fine
    Gently grab the corner of the paper that's on the inside and gently pull it so that it rolls up slightly smaller than the tube and gently pull it out. Gently.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Suziemay wrote:
    Gently grab the corner of the paper that's on the inside and gently pull it so that it rolls up slightly smaller than the tube and gently pull it out. Gently.
    Confessions of a poster junkie :lol:

Seriously, though...do exactly as SuMay said...gently roll (tighter) inside corner and you'll be fine!
  • Options
    Thanks both for the advice. I managed it. the poster is great, just need to frame it now. Well worth buying! :D
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    EB260825 wrote:
    Thanks both for the advice. I managed it. the poster is great, just need to frame it now. Well worth buying! :D
    Glad you were able to get it out smoothly! :D

It's a beautiful print!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Confessions of a poster junkie :lol:
    :shifty: :mrgreen:
    EB260825 wrote:
    Phew! Yes, it does look great in person, doesn't it?
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    It looks like its a failure for the flippers on ebay. :fp:

Love flipper failures :D
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    -dk--dk- Posts: 14
    Got a letter from Czech Post asking to pay a customs charge for the poster as well. First time when receiving a poster from 10C. I guess 10C has changed the policy on stating the value on the customs declaration. :(
    Praha 1996, Praha 2000, Bologna 2006, Verona 2006, Pistoia 2006, Praha 2006, Munchen 2007, Katowice 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Praha 2012, Berlin 2012, Stockholm 2012
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    motorcade wrote:
    motorcade wrote:

The first time I have ever been hit with a customs charge, when ordering from 10C, and I have ordered a lot more expensive items in the past.

im also from cornwall but didn't have to pay the custom charge for my poster. sorry you got stung. seems strange i've never had to pay anything extra from the 10c shop. royal mail :nono:

Me neither...'til today, I guess there's a first time for everything...

When did your poster arrive?

my poster arrived on the 27th hope you got yours
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    alexross42 wrote:
    motorcade wrote:

That's it, I'm moving to your part of Cornwall! Got the card through the door on Friday, I look forward to asking when I pick it up why it costs them £8 for 'handling' when I have to go and collect it from the P.O. - I should be charging them! :?

the postman just handed me mine didn't even have to sign anything. still i wouldn't have minded paying a little extra for such an excellent poster
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    anyone in the London area still waiting
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    anyone in the London area still waiting
    seems the olympics make the rest move slow...
    and as i saw in general,at uk was late than th rest of europe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,097
    Still nothing here in the Atlantic?
    MAMA MIA!!! :shock:
  • Options
    Nothing today just north of Toronto.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,086
    arrived today in southwestern Ontario :D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    maynardsux wrote:

Must be getting closer!!
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Mine arrived Last week in the UK, with an £11 import tax added ontop, thats never happened before & I've ordered lots of posters from 10c. But anyway, it's here, it's beautiful, it's textured!!! :D:D
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    Mine arrived today had to pay customs charge but if I remember correctly there was no shipping charge on this one
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    Mine arrived today had to pay customs charge but if I remember correctly there was no shipping charge on this one

I had to pay $5.68 shipping, plus customs charge on mine...

Still haven't had time to collect it...have to wait 'til Saturday now, hope they're looking after it over at Royal Mail!
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12
  • Options
    maynardsux wrote:

Must be getting closer!!

Yep, so I'm guessing by the end of the week it will make landfall here in the Atlantic.
    Excellent! Excellent!! :)
  • Options
    Arrived on the rock today!!!!
  • Options
    Arrived on the rock today!!!!

Reeeeaaaallly
  • Options
    szk486.jpg

heelllllllooo nurse!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    szk486.jpg

heelllllllooo nurse!

awesome foto!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    awesome foto!!! :D

Of my toes!?!

Thank you.
  • Options
    szk486.jpg

heelllllllooo nurse!

Land ho!!! :)

Sweet man! Nothing yet here but did receive the Berlin print from the 10club. I thought those were shipped out after the IOW prints. The 10club tube was long on this one. A little difficult to get the print out from the small tight tube but in the end came out minty fresh!!
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet man! Nothing yet here but did receive the Berlin print from the 10club. I thought those were shipped out after the IOW prints. The 10club tube was long on this one. A little difficult to get the print out from the small tight tube but in the end came out minty fresh!!
    I wanted to pick up my Berlin print this week from the customs office but the tube was unfortunately pretty much destroyed on one end so I had to refuse the delivery since the poster looked accordingly. I know of at least one other Berlin print who looked the same and got sent back. I wonder how many of those actually got to europe undamaged? I hope I can get a new one but I haven't heard back from 10c yet....
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I wanted to pick up my Berlin print this week from the customs office but the tube was unfortunately pretty much destroyed on one end so I had to refuse the delivery since the poster looked accordingly. I know of at least one other Berlin print who looked the same and got sent back. I wonder how many of those actually got to europe undamaged? I hope I can get a new one but I haven't heard back from 10c yet....

Damn! :shock:

The 10club tubes are pretty strong. Smaller width then what you find at your local Post Office or Staples but it's thickness covers for it. They must of played baseball with them @ the back of the warehouse or something to get those damaged. How much were they charging you for customs? First print I can remember that they put the full amount of the print on the tube then the regular $15 dollar jam on the white custom forms.