Pixar's Brave

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Im going to see it in the coming weeks because its Pixar, but the reviews so far have been disappointing. And coming off Cars 2, which supposedly was the first Pixar flop, I hate to see them strike out 2 times in a row.

Coming off the high that was Toy Story 3, which was my favorite movie of 2010, this is disconcerting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I'm not really interested in the movie. I haven't seen Madagascar yet and I'm hoping to take the kids this weekend.

Cars 2 was horrible. Didn't even come close to what the first movie was.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    just saw it today, I liked it a lot. good story and of course the animation is amazing.

My girlfriend's brother is good friends with Mark Andrews, the director, she could definitely recognize his influence as he is into a lot of Celtic type things.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,761
    I'll be seeing it next week with my 4 y/o.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    planning to see it tomorrow!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • saw it today. Cute story. Can't wait to see Nemo back in theaters in 3D this September!
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    The animation is unreal in Pixar movies! I always wanted to purchase a graphics tablet and see if I could create a short animation of something. Such an unbelievable talent one must have in order to create this stuff.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Nice to see former News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks feature in a Pixar film.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I'm not really interested in the movie. I haven't seen Madagascar yet and I'm hoping to take the kids this weekend.

Cars 2 was horrible. Didn't even come close to what the first movie was.

I'd have to agree with you. Cars 2 was less than entertaining. If my 3 year old can't stay occupied with it, then it must be bad.
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I'm taking my nephew and niece to see this one when they come visit during the summer holidays. I don't know who's more excited to see this movie, me or them LOL

I heard the reviews were really good!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    drivingrl wrote:
    planning to see it tomorrow!

Go see it! It made me cry, and it was great!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    planning on seeing this hopefully within the week. Looks good and hearing positive reviews on it, but not up to "pixar's standard" like Toy Story, Wall-e, up, etc...
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    Saw it earlier tonight. It was good. not Up, Toy Story 3, or Wall-E good but decent nonetheless.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    it was good in that it was entertaining. but i agree, wall-e, up and toy story 3 are the pinnacle of amazing, and brave unfortunately doesnt match it. The premise, trying to find your identity, to carve your own path, is something i really identify with, and what pixar is usually able to do is to delve into and discuss these ideas in very powerful and complex ways, in ways maybe even deeper than a so called adult film could. Toy story 3 delt with loss and growing up and moving into adulthood in some of the most touching ways Ive ever seen in any movie, let alone one, an animated one about plastic toys. So when a movie like Brave doesnt, i'd say its disappointing.
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i'd be interested to find out what the deal is with pixar. Theyve had two films in a row now that have been disappointments. That after what 11 straight mindblowingly awesome films. Wonder why the slump? Did they change staff? New management and team? whats different?
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    i'd be interested to find out what the deal is with pixar. Theyve had two films in a row now that have been disappointments. That after what 11 straight mindblowingly awesome films. Wonder why the slump? Did they change staff? New management and team? whats different?

It's like a bands catalogue of music, some are gonna be hitters and favorites all around, others aren't.. Can't win them all... Pixar is that band that will stick around and keep bringing good stuff out..
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This was Outstanding!!! wish i had it on DVD already!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i enjoyed the film ... clearly not as good as other titles ... i think disney's outright ownership of pixar is showing here ... definitely felt more like a disney flick than pixar ...
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Planning to go see this,it's great to see an almost exclusively Scottish cast rather than non Scottish actors pretending to be Scottish :fp:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Planning to go see this,it's great to see an almost exclusively Scottish cast rather than non Scottish actors pretending to be Scottish :fp:

You do know that cartoons arent real, right? ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    stargirl69 wrote:

What? :-?
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stargirl69 wrote:

Oh hahoha ... as my ribs tickle with mirth :lol:;) ... just a small percentage of the cast of Scottish actors doing the voices Kelly McDonald,Emma Thompson,Billy Connolly,Kevin McKidd,Robbie Coltrane is always going to be better than Mike Myers,Robin Williams and especially Mel :x Gibson :fp: :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    stargirl69 wrote:

then why is Jessica Rabbit chasing me for child maintenance?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:

then why is Jessica Rabbit chasing me for child maintenance?

save the rabbit holes for Alice, pervert.