Options

Euro 2012 merch

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640
    I waited on the merch line after the Berlin 2 show, saw the prices and just bought stickers.
    Then I went outside to find it was raining so came back inside and bought the hoodie.
    Now I'm so happy I did, it's really cool and a nice rememberance.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    eyejacker wrote:
    3e22012112631644b.jpg

This tee is da bomb!
    Ok, didn't get to talk to people about this while on tour but I bought this t-shirt but haven't worn it coz wtf do people think is with the bomb? I thought PJ were anti bombs/war etc? Am I missing something? I haven't worn it yet coz I'm troubled by the bomb thing. Can anyone set my mind at rest? Your thoughts? TIA. 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    LarsK13 wrote:
    deftones wrote:
    They had the hoodie in XXL, don't think that ever happened in EU before.
    I asked for a XXL in Manchester but they told me XL was the biggest size.
    in Berlin the same!
    In Copenhagen they had XXL hoodies,, but I bought an XL! I'm 100% with this, I did have it in my hand.
    They had a box full of XL and XXL (one box each) so I suppose they have at the 10C goods later. I was the last one to buy merch in Copenhagen.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Anyone? Any ideas on the 'bomb' tee?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    morello wrote:

Well, you know Pearl Jam is not pro-bomb, but anti-bomb. So from this you can infer that the shirt was not meant to promote bombs. So, because of this knowledge you can proudly wear the shirt knowing it is not meant to promote bombs, but you just might not know exactly what it is supposed to mean.
  • Options
    morello wrote:

Well, you know Pearl Jam is not pro-bomb, but anti-bomb. So from this you can infer that the shirt was not meant to promote bombs. So, because of this knowledge you can proudly wear the shirt knowing it is not meant to promote bombs, but you just might not know exactly what it is supposed to mean.
    Ha ha. Ok, indeed, thank-you, I could think about it like that, just know in my head that in some way it is anti-bomb. Still wish I knew wtf the angle was. Hmmmm..... :?
    <hr>
  • Options
    Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    I
    morello wrote:
    morello wrote:

Ha ha. Ok, indeed, thank-you, I could think about it like that, just know in my head that in some way it is anti-bomb. Still wish I knew wtf the angle was. Hmmmm..... :?
    I personally think there has been a weird vibe running through some of the merch, the gun amd bomb posters from the ev tour are just strange. I think this is the danger in getting an artist to design stuff in that they get licence to pick what goes on the shirts and posters. Personally I think that tshirt looks like its got a vibrator on the front and it makes me giggle every time I see it...... Sorry bt it does ;-)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,939
    I'm wearing that t-shirt right now!

For me it's a statement about how we bring up our kids to have an interest in war. The image looks like something out of the 50s, the era of the Atomic Bomb and the child is building a model of one...in the same way kids build airfix kits of war planes now days...it's ironic because back in the 50s there was a huge fear and paranoia around the bomb and kids were being taught to duck and cover in schools, etc - not building models of mass destruction. Thats my take on it anyway...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I thought it was a kid painting a rocket
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Thanks folk. Yeah, still rather odd & yeah the bomb & war imagery in a lot of the merch recently(incl recent EV solo stuff) is kinda yukky imo. :? I would have thought someone gives the 'ok' to any artwork that is submitted, or proposed.
    <hr>