The Fathers Day thread

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I lost my father almost 3 years ago..
I love him and miss him very much..

But that is not how I want this thread to go..

I want to thank the older men that are in my life that have been like a father to me.. I mean, I am old, but sometimes you just need some good old fashioned fatherly advice..

Thanks uncle Norm.. You are truly a great man and keep me smiling and focused at every turn

And thanks to my boss Joe.. Boss yes, but I consider you one of my best friends and I love the way you look out for me..

Anybody else honoring the ones that arent "really" their fathers this year?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    saw this earlier and it made me chuckle
    @itsWillyFerrell
    Happy Father's Day: The most confusing day in the ghetto.

but no, my pops passed away jan 1 of 09. we weren't really close and no other real father figures in my life.

i didn't relazie it was even fathers day until today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    81 wrote:
    saw this earlier and it made me chuckle
    @itsWillyFerrell
    Happy Father's Day: The most confusing day in the ghetto.

but no, my pops passed away jan 1 of 09. we weren't really close and no other real father figures in my life.

i didn't relazie it was even fathers day until today.
    I could be your dad if you like ;)

I kid.. but i am here for you brother...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    :lol:

i've got a andrew lloyd weber tie that you are welcome to.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I wish I had a clue what you are talking about.. but that is the magic of 81 i guess.. Happy fathers day!!
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:

I wish I had a clue what you are talking about.. but that is the magic of 81 i guess.. Happy fathers day!!

:lol::lol::lol: :fp: ooops

Frank Lloyd Wright.

woman gets samples of stuff and brought this one home

http://www.franklloydwright.com/browse.cfm/4,2182.html

if anyone wants it, drop me a pm and it's yours
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My father was there when I needed him. My next tattoo will be in honor of him (he hasn't passed yet, but it could be at any moment).

I don't see him as often as I would like to, his first family takes care of him now.

Never had any other father figure...I pretty much was on my own growing up.

"I don't follow the path, I make my own"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RIP Dad. Happy Father's Day.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My Dad kicks arse. We're best mates. I'm his favourite out of the five kids (ssshhhhh :shh: ). Not to say he doesn't love the others as much....he does....but I'm def his favourite. And I like it! :mrgreen: haha Our brains just CLICK....we're so very similar. He's an inspiration to me, my mentor, has taught me a lot and still does.

He's 69 now. I dread the day he may pass away. And my Mum. I've been blessed with two WONDERFUL parents who are still happy after 51 years together.

It's not Fathers Day here....we celebrate it in September. I just wanted an excuse to tell everyone my Dad is COOL AS FUCK! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    My Dad kicks arse. We're best mates. I'm his favourite out of the five kids (ssshhhhh :shh: ). Not to say he doesn't love the others as much....he does....but I'm def his favourite. And I like it! :mrgreen: haha Our brains just CLICK....we're so very similar. He's an inspiration to me, my mentor, has taught me a lot and still does.

He's 69 now. I dread the day he may pass away.

It's not Fathers Day here....we celebrate it in September. I just wanted an excuse to tell everyone my Dad is COOL AS FUCK! :D

Does he vajazzle?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Fuckin A!!! good shit Ziggy!! I know where you are coming from!!

PS..

my dad could kick your dads ass ;);)
    DS1119 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Does he vajazzle?

Not exactly....but he's tested the crystals for me on his hand (and nose?) AND constantly helps me out with business ideas. He has a fantastic business brain....and I'm trying to learn EVERYTHING he knows.
    Caveeze wrote:

PS..

Yeah....with a gun. You win. ;):lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

PS..

Yeah....with a gun. You win. ;):lol:

lets keep it clean on their day.. :lol::lol:

but yes, he taught me how to be a responsible and safe gun owner.. he was a great, and funny man :D

I miss him like no other..
    Caveeze wrote:

but yes, he taught me how to be a responsible and safe gun owner.. he was a great, and funny man :D

Ohhhh....he's gone....now I feel bad.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Ohhhh....he's gone....now I feel bad.
    Dont.. he would have enjoyed yer spunk!! and kicked some ass!! :D
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    My dad and I were wicked close. I think of him and honor him everyday. Just to add a bit of ooomph this weekend I did yard work at my moms yesterday, and going back this morning to clean up her garage.

Miss him something awful but he done good while he was here!

Sorry, I don't have a fill in for him, but thats okay. Whenever I asked him advice I knew what his answers would be anyway :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I don't know if we celebrate Father's day over here now :think:
    But I'll take this as an opportunity to say thank you as well ...

I am in the lucky position to have two dads, my biological one and my stepdad. My parents got divorced when I was too little to remember, so apart from pics, I don't really have recollections of my bio dad from my early childhood. We were in sporadic contact, and started getting to know each other more when I was already grown up. We have a lot in common and have developed a very strong relationship since then and I am very happy to have him in my life. My stepdad came into my life when I was 6. He was so much in love with my mom that he left buzzing Berlin to come to my hometown and live with a woman who had three little girls :lol: He is a very wise, tolerant and smart person, and he has formed and inspired me a lot. Thank you, Dads, for everything you did and do! I love you!
    live with a woman who had three little girls

He must be very much in love! :P :lol: :fp:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    hello to all the dads!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I loved my dad. I learned many things from my dad. Most good, some bad. We had a great relationship most of the time. I wish he was able to spend more time here on earth, I miss him always.
    RIP DAD

I also hold the pain for 3 NYC firefighters who died at a fire 11 years to the day on Fathers Day. 2 of these men were right next to me when the explosion occurred, the other man trapped in the basement. They left behind 9 children who will never get to see them again. My prayers to all their families.
    RIP MY BROTHERS

I'll hold the pain
    Release Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    DS1119 wrote:
    live with a woman who had three little girls

He must be very much in love! :P :lol: :fp:

Was and still is :D And we were a pain in the ass at times :twisted:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    ZiggyStar wrote:

He's 69 now. I dread the day he may pass away. And my Mum. I've been blessed with two WONDERFUL parents who are still happy after 51 years together.

That's a real stroke of good luck there Ziggy. :D It's great to hear about someone who loves their dad so much!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I didn't know it was Fathers Day here until a few days ago.

My dad passed in September 09.We had such difficult times in my youth but I never doubted the love between us.I wish I had got to know him much better than I did,that only happened in his later years but by that time Alzheimers had taken much of him.
    I miss him very much,he taught me generosity,to never to suffer a fool and be proud of what I can achieve.

But for today,I dedicate Fathers Day to my wonderful brother,love you Tobo.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    RIP, dad. Passed away in 1995....really good guy. I regret not talking to him more about his life...

Husband is GREAT Dad even though his own is not in his life.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me