What are you willing to compromise?

StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Girls...and Guys too

recently I've been thinking about certain things and it got me to wondering

what are you willing to compromise in your search for your significant other

if giving it up means he or she is as dedicated a PJ fan as you are?

Gotta stick with the necessities, can't compromise here:
Honesty, Respect, Sense of Humor, Intelligence, etc. ...those are MUSTS

Physically I usually go for a big dark, burly kinda guy, the longer the hair the better, a little facial hair wouldn't be so awful

BUT if it was a toss up between my big burly long-haired hippie dippie guy who is into Def Leppard
and
a short, skinny, balding guy who is a PJ fan?
Well... I would imagine I could just find myself falling

AND if he was a PJ fan AND a Deadhead...well geez man, I'd add in toothless as well

:shock: :o (well, not really!) ;):lol::lol:

What about you?

What would you compromise on

And NOT compromise on?
peace,
jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
"How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Absolutely my spouse can not have a penis. Pretty much everything I can look past but not that one.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Absolutely my spouse can not have a penis. Pretty much everything I can look past but not that one.

:lol::lol::lol:

Almost sharted when I read that.

I am already married Jo so I wouldn't give her up for anything. Being a PJ lunatic is pretty far down the list of the bullshit she puts up with being with me.

I am kind of glad that she is not a PJ loonie as well - as it is we spent thousands of dollars on them in 2011. We will see what the 2012 tab ends up being. If I had a willing partner every time I said 'Hey Pearl Jam is playing in Uganda tomorrow, do you want to go?' it would be very bad for job/wallet.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Almost sharted when I read that.

I am already married Jo so I wouldn't give her up for anything. Being a PJ lunatic is pretty far down the list of the bullshit she puts up with being with me.

I am kind of glad that she is not a PJ loonie as well - as it is we spent thousands of dollars on them in 2011. We will see what the 2012 tab ends up being. If I had a willing partner every time I said 'Hey Pearl Jam is playing in Uganda tomorrow, do you want to go?' it would be very bad for job/wallet.

OMG Yes! LOL!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    DS1119 wrote:

I guess that's fair and square :D
    peace,
    jo

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Much as I love music, that wouldn't be the "will not compromise on this" issue for me.

Luckily, we have enough in common there that the music we do differ on doesn't matter - in fact, we've turned each other on to some damn good shit. Plus, I think some differences are beneficial - educational. No one wants to be around a sycophant.

I guess I'm with the man I'm with because we're strong on the aspects of life, and of self, that are important to us - ethics, sense of humor, integrity, delicious twistedness of the mind. I would never give those up, settle for less.

They're things that not only bound us initially, but also that have kept us united, even stronger, through the continuing rollercoasters.

In essence - being woman enough to be my man...and vice versa.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I dont think there's anything left, she's gotten me to check off every box on the list.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    Have to be on a similar page politically. I do not sleep with the enemy... unless they are super hot. ;)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    The music was never an issue she knew what i was really into before we got married and she is perfect as far as i was concerned .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Have to be on a similar page politically. I do not sleep with the enemy... unless they are super hot. ;)
    :wave:
    ^ This...and

- he can't smell
    - he must like cats
    - he must require little to no closet space
    - he must have a non-American accent
    - he must require little to no sleep

:think: I think I can compromise on everything else
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am so happy I found mine..

on here of all places!!!

she loves Pearl Jam
    smells great
    has an open mind
    owns a smile that could melt you
    is extremely intelligent
    doesn't like drama
    enjoys a drink or 5

I am so lucky I haven't had to compromise shit!! :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    StillHere wrote:
    Girls...and Guys too

recently I've been thinking about certain things and it got me to wondering

what are you willing to compromise in your search for your significant other

if giving it up means he or she is as dedicated a PJ fan as you are?

Gotta stick with the necessities, can't compromise here:
    Honesty, Respect, Sense of Humor, Intelligence, etc. ...those are MUSTS

Physically I usually go for a big dark, burly kinda guy, the longer the hair the better, a little facial hair wouldn't be so awful

BUT if it was a toss up between my big burly long-haired hippie dippie guy who is into Def Leppard
    and
    a short, skinny, balding guy who is a PJ fan?
    Well... I would imagine I could just find myself falling

AND if he was a PJ fan AND a Deadhead...well geez man, I'd add in toothless as well

:shock: :o (well, not really!) ;):lol::lol:

What about you?

What would you compromise on

And NOT compromise on?

When I read the big dark burly hairy I thought OMG you could get married to my husband :lol::lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
    I will also say, NEVER COMPROMISE!! he or she is out there.. you must just look hard and remain patient. I thought it would never happen, which would have been fine.. but i am so happy it has..

Compromise leads to heartache down the road.. dont do it!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    I will also say, NEVER COMPROMISE!! he or she is out there.. you must just look hard and remain patient. I thought it would never happen, which would have been fine.. but i am so happy it has..

:thumbup:

Never compromise on the things that are important to you :D for sure
    peace,
    jo

• AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    StillHere wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Just gotta say that compromise is a HUGE part of marriage,or I wouldn't be married after 20 years...interpret as you like,just sayin... :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
    StillHere wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Just gotta say that compromise is a HUGE part of marriage,or I wouldn't be married after 20 years...interpret as you like,just sayin... :D
    I am all for compromising once the deal has started.. but I dont think you should compromise what you are willing to compromise with..
    Huh?
    Little stuff is easier if you got the big stuff in common..
    I'm flexible on the spouse having a penis as long as there is no sex involved. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm flexible on the spouse having a penis as long as there is no sex involved. :lol:
    This is not VGL behavior.. Dont make me strip the badge from you..

If you are VGL, it is your duty to have hot sex with your partner.. penis or not..
    Caveeze wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    This is not VGL behavior.. Dont make me strip the badge from you..

If you are VGL, it is your duty to have hot sex with your partner.. penis or not..

You're right. :lol: :fp:
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    Snakeduck wrote:
    ^ This...and

- he can't smell
    - he must like cats

Thats gotta be pretty tough, when you actually live in America...though technically I can see you live in thin air...I am guessing they speak with a bit of a scandinavian twang up there???

For me, hairy armpits are definately a deal-breaker
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    bindy123 wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:
    ^ This...and

- he can't smell
    - he must like cats

Thats gotta be pretty tough, when you actually live in America...though technically I can see you live in thin air...I am guessing they speak with a bit of a scandinavian twang up there???

For me, hairy armpits are definately a deal-breaker
    :lol: Things are easier here in thin air. Both long term relationships have included non-American accents...but I think I would make an exception for Eddie. :think: Yes, I think I could bend the rules for him :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    apparently I was willing to "compromise" everything over 20 years. Looking back I would say it was more being forced to give up, it was no compromise. And it is taking a lot to get out from it. Never again. So much clearer in the rearview mirror....
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I can't think of what I am willing to compromise! That's probably a bad sign. :?

Not gonna compromise on politics, music, sports, or my love of cars & animals. I won't on finances, in that we must be a team & contribute equally toward bills. I might a little on religion.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    Great answers people

I definitely am not talking about compromising on the important aspects of a relationship

That is not healthy

But the superficial things

There comes a point where you realize those were not really all that important to begin with
    peace,
    jo

Being willing to compromise your pesonal time. Even though something may not seem important to you, it may to him or her. SHow the respect to your partner. I learned that the hard way.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    compromise...hmmm...good question.

So far, I'm kind of a nut because I wanted to go see PJ in Wisconsin.

Going to the Ed Solo pre-party wasn't a good 'break-in' as I didn't know anybody there, and thank goodness unlost wasn't a crazy psycho axe murderer...so she helped me prove that there are amazing people out there...even when you decide to share a hotel room with them when they are a literal *stranger* that you have never met before.

So, I guess I should say that the other person would def have to be 'ok' with me and my obsessiveness about meeting all you crazy mo-fo's.

Jo, I know you're eluding to 'dating up or down'...eh, I'm getting old...as long as they aren't a drama queen I'm fine. Oh and cleaning up after themselves is also helpful.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Snakeduck wrote:
    ^ This...and

- he can't smell
    - he must like cats

a hard lover with a gentle soul
    and, yes
    MUST love animals
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke