Yellowstone Backcountry While You're At It?

SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Regardless of whether I get tickets or not, there is a good chance I'll be in the vicinity of the PJ concert on one of my Yellowstone or Tetons backpacking trips. Anyone interested in possibly joining me in the backcountry either before or after the concert? It is hard work and you will sleep with grizzly bears, but you won't find a better, or more surly (what, it's part of my charm) guide.

I also recommend you bring lots and lots of cash and tell nobody where you are going or who you will be with... ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i would highly recommend going to these parks around this time ... it's dead (no pun intended) and the fall colours should be full by then ...
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    polaris_x wrote:
    i would highly recommend going to these parks around this time ... it's dead (no pun intended) and the fall colours should be full by then ...

This guy knows what he is talking about. Bugs are all dead, days are cool enough a brother can hike all day, the nights do get a little cold, but that's what a decent sleeping bag is for. Best time of the year for hiking.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Snakeduck wrote:
    Regardless of whether I get tickets or not, there is a good chance I'll be in the vicinity of the PJ concert on one of my Yellowstone or Tetons backpacking trips. Anyone interested in possibly joining me in the backcountry either before or after the concert? It is hard work and you will sleep with grizzly bears, but you won't find a better, or more surly (what, it's part of my charm) guide.

I also recommend you bring lots and lots of cash and tell nobody where you are going or who you will be with... ;)
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I needed a laugh today so thx!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Are there acid mines to visit as well?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Are there acid mines to visit as well?

For you, dearest, I'll show you all my secret hang-outs...
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    I did a snowmobile trip in Yellowstone. One of the coolest things I've ever done. Beautiful place.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah like i'm really gonna go with you in the back woods where the mountain goats are...i'm not falling for that again
    ComeToTX wrote:
    I did a snowmobile trip in Yellowstone. One of the coolest things I've ever done. Beautiful place.

Dammit, Texas, I'm trying to like you here... We hardcore backcountry folks do not like machines in our midst. My favorite story of a yellowstone ranger is a guy who pulled out his revolver and shot one of those deafening sleds to death. He was fired, but became a local hero.

I'll let it slide this time though, I mean, you are from Texas... ;)
    norm wrote:
    yeah like i'm really gonna go with you in the back woods where the mountain goats are...i'm not falling for that again

C'mon that was more embarrassing than painful and both you and the goat recovered... eventually.