Ravelry.com

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
PrlJamFan

and you?

I just finished knitting a pair of socks using the Fiberists sport weight Dutch Irish yarn. I still have a lace scarf using malabrigo silky merino cloudy sky on my needles.

and you?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Anybody knit or crochet?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I just remade my kids sweater- for the 3rd time- I've used 3 different patterns and my gauge has been off. This last one is great so far. I used Madeline Tosh- Tosh merino- in tomato. Such a lovely yarn!! I have just enough to finish this thing. Hopefully she's not in a growth spirt and this will last until fall.
    vduboise wrote:
    I just remade my kids sweater- for the 3rd time- I've used 3 different patterns and my gauge has been off. This last one is great so far. I used Madeline Tosh- Tosh merino- in tomato. Such a lovely yarn!! I have just enough to finish this thing. Hopefully she's not in a growth spirt and this will last until fall.
    What type of sweater pattern: cardigan, over the head thing?
    I have tosh sock in a jade, and I can't wait to use it. Most likely for socks, as I like to knit socks.

One day, one day, I'll make sweaters. I took 3 classes, and haven't finished one :oops:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Anybody knit or crochet?

yes...I love ravelry!

made a bunch of stuff, but I'm a bit 'dejected'...I spent hours making a blanket for a friend as a baby shower gift, and she didn't seem to like it... :(

I've made the beard hat, ponchos, hats, scarfs, etc.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    its a cardigan type pattern called Tama

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources ... vers-ebook

It has the buttons on the side instead of the middle. I made one for a friend's newborn- and loved the pattern. I mostly knit for kids- its faster and if I have mistakes, its easier to redo.

My Ravelry name is Vduboise (same as here)

Last year was the first time moving to sweaters- I started with kids- simpler construction- so I could get some confidence in making them.

I have this beautiful tosh sock yarn in Midinght in Manhattan- a beautiful deep blue that was an exclusive colorware from this place called The Yarn Co- in NYC.

I have a lot of yarn in my stash- I vowed to use a least half before buying new ones (but I already broke that and bought some at a yarn festival in Long Island :oops: )
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Anybody knit or crochet?
    made a bunch of stuff, but I'm a bit 'dejected'...I spent hours making a blanket for a friend as a baby shower gift, and she didn't seem to like it... :(
    That's too bad. Sorry to hear that.

The question is did you have fun making it? :)

Aren't there a lot of yarn stores in Seattle? There were a few when I lived there, but unfortunately, I didn't learn how to knit until a couple years after I left. There was a cute one on upper queen anne in a house, and one on a street parallel to market street in Ballard (I would go there for needlepoint yarn.) Any LYS is your favorite out there?
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Anybody knit or crochet?

That's always the risk- all that work. Someone made us a big blanket when my daughter was born, and I didn't use it- but now she loves it and carts it around all over. So maybe her kid will love it later...
    Very cute sweater, Vduboise. I can see myself knitting a sweater just to buy buttons. In fact, I took a sweater class so I could buy cute buttons. Maybe if I bought the buttons I would finish the sweater (?)
    I love it because of the buttons! I think I'll be able to move on to adult patterns later this year- as long as its not boring- then it will seem like forever to knit something up.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Anybody knit or crochet?

This is the one thing that I wish I knew how to do. I remember growing up and seeing my Nana do this and always making us blankets. And i loved them. I just wish I could do it for my kids now.
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Anybody knit or crochet?
    That's too bad. Sorry to hear that.

The question is did you have fun making it? :)

Aren't there a lot of yarn stores in Seattle? There were a few when I lived there, but unfortunately, I didn't learn how to knit until a couple years after I left. There was a cute one on upper queen anne in a house, and one on a street parallel to market street in Ballard (I would go there for needlepoint yarn.) Any LYS is your favorite out there?

oh I had lots of fun making it!

4979572389_7bedb9c0a9.jpg

I made the hat and a sock monkey too.

I did go to a LYS in Everett, it was in someone's house. I haven't really scoped out a bunch of others since I am learning to knit (I keep purling when I should knit or vice versa), and crochet doesn't have too many cool patterns (and crochet uses up so much more yarn...yarn can get expensive!).

However, when I was out in the San Juans, I bought several hanks of Alpaca wool from alpaca farms. I have no idea what I'm going to make, I just adore alpaca wool.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    4979572389_7bedb9c0a9.jpg

I made the hat and a sock monkey too.
    quote]

That's an adorable pattern Lisa.

I might have to learn how to do this now.

thanks Shelia! :D

stitch_n_bitch_happy_hooker.jpg

the pattern is in this book, it also has really great directions for the beginner crocheter. Most of the patterns are more 'edgy' than most, it's not the typical grandma afghans and lacy doilies. It's more like skirts, bikinis, beanies etc. I have all of her books.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

thanks Shelia! :D

stitch_n_bitch_happy_hooker.jpg

the pattern is in this book, it also has really great directions for the beginner crocheter. Most of the patterns are more 'edgy' than most, it's not the typical grandma afghans and lacy doilies. It's more like skirts, bikinis, beanies etc. I have all of her books.

Thanks. I guess I know what I'll be doing after I finish my 50 Shades trilogy. :lol:
    That is too cute, RKCNDY!