Six Feet Under

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Wow. So i just finished watching the final episode. Incredible show. I'd include it in the list of best shows of all time. I found some of the scenes to be incredibly realistic. Frances Conroy's performance was so subtle but was pretty damn powerful.

Like all great art I think this show has deep lessons and themes explored. How cool that a show about death could inspire me to live.

I really enjoyed this series. The finale was damn good. Wikipedia suggests its one of the best finales in history, and I would tend to agree.

Interesting that peter krause moved onto Parenthood. I would draw paralells between the two shows in that both portray dramatic scenes incredibly well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    I tend to respond to art that inspires people to live their lives. As I said, the finale episode, and the entire series was essentially all about that idea. That are time here is fleeting. We dont have much time. And that you need to start living before its too late. The ending scenes really nailed that home.
  • Breaking Bad, Community & Adventure Time are my favourite shows currently, I wish I had more time to watch shows but I'm too busy listening to Pearl Jam!
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
    Breaking Bad, Community & Adventure Time are my favourite shows currently, I wish I had more time to watch shows but I'm too busy listening to Pearl Jam!

havent seen community or adventure time but wholeheartedly agree about breaking bad. Thats probably the best show on tv. The acting, writing and cinematography is second to none.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Michael C. Hall went on to do Dexter. What a great actor.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    The best drama series to come out of HBO ever.I saw every episode of every series when it ran over here in the UK a number of years ago,the final episode was genius.
    It was through having been an avid viewer of Six Feet Under that I went onto watch Dexter too,Michael C Hall is a great actor.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    LOVED THIS SHOW.

I was pissed off when HBO took it off on-demand; it was a luxury to revisit that series. Worth buying, for sure.

They were all so very fine in their roles, from actors to writers to directors, so much more. Truly one of my favorites ever and stuns me each time, no matter how many times I've seen an episode - and I've seen them all multiple times - can punch me, make me weep, kick my ass into some good realization.

Many favorite episodes, but the first and last might be the ones closest to me.

Agreed with stargirl69 on Dexter too!

(ps...where is Jeanwah? :D )
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Awesome, awesome show!!!
    yeah that finale was pretty damn mindblowing. The little touches they added really took it to a whole other level. the image of nate in the rear view mirror. Nat whispering, "you cant take a picture of this moment, its already gone". Intense stuff
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    not sure how i felt about the last ep. not a huge fan on tying ends up in a neat little bow so i didnt really need to learn what became of the characters in the future... however this show did inspire me to visit the watts towers a couple of weeks ago when i was stuck in LA so...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Great series - that last episode got me though. Very sad
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa