Open University course

Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey i am going be starting an open uni course in October.
It is a Business degree i am going to be doing and was wondering if anyone on here has ever done a distance course and enjoyed it?
Let them wash away
All those yesterdays
All those yesterdays
All those paper plates
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    What's an open course? distance?
  • I did. It works, at the distance, if you are committed to putting the time in and juggling work, etc. I got a First for my BA (Hons), then went on to do an MA, both with the OU. After that, I followed the more conventional route and am doing my PhD at Essex. The OU's fantastic. It changes lives for the better.
  • I looked at some courses with the OU many times but decided to go to a brick and mortar University in the end. I'm still tempted to continue my studies this way once I graduate. It will take a lot of commitment and time management more so than your standard University but if you can take the challenge on i'm sure it will be great.

Good luck :D

Oh and i'm studying Business too so if you need any advice or old textbooks you know where to go ;)
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    I looked at some courses with the OU many times but decided to go to a brick and mortar University in the end. I'm still tempted to continue my studies this way once I graduate. It will take a lot of commitment and time management more so than your standard University but if you can take the challenge on i'm sure it will be great.

Good luck :D

Oh and i'm studying Business too so if you need any advice or old textbooks you know where to go ;)

Thanks dude!

I will keep that in mind man, I will prob need them.

I used to be a music student which covered some business in the music world but was mostly performance.
    What jobs are you hoping to go for in the near future? :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    I did. It works, at the distance, if you are committed to putting the time in and juggling work, etc. I got a First for my BA (Hons), then went on to do an MA, both with the OU. After that, I followed the more conventional route and am doing my PhD at Essex. The OU's fantastic. It changes lives for the better.

Congrats on getting that far with your studies man! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates