Kids Clothes

HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I normally would never do this, but considering the overwhelming generosity I have seen displayed by members of this club over the years, I thought it might be worth a shot. A very good friend of mine lost his house today in a tragic fire.

http://video.nbc4i.com/v/57599792/condo ... alarm+fire

He and his family lost everything. While my friends and I are doing what we can to help them financially, the one area where they could really use some help is with clothes for their little girl Mya (she's 2).
I was wondering if any of you out there might have some clothes that your kids have grown out of that you don't need anymore and would care to donate. She is either a size 2T or 3T. If anyone can help, please shoot me a PM,

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Oh I wish I could help out. All the kids in my house are currently wearing sizes 3 to 7 so we don't have any to spare. I will ask around. Have you tried FreeCycle for your area? I find that people on there are very generous. Go to www.freecycle.com and search for your town/zip code then join and post exactly like this:

WANTED: Children's Clothing for Family Who Lost Everything (Your Town)

you can elaborate in the post

it has to be approved by the group leader but i'm sure it will be
    and then you'll receive emails. You can collect and donate to the family/

Good on you for doing this!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    StillHere wrote:
    Oh I wish I could help out. All the kids in my house are currently wearing sizes 3 to 7 so we don't have any to spare. I will ask around. Have you tried FreeCycle for your area? I find that people on there are very generous. Go to http://www.freecycle.com and search for your town/zip code then join and post exactly like this:

WANTED: Children's Clothing for Family Who Lost Everything (Your Town)

you can elaborate in the post

it has to be approved by the group leader but i'm sure it will be
    and then you'll receive emails. You can collect and donate to the family/

Good on you for doing this!

Thanks alot Stillhere. I didn't know about this. I will look into it
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    So sad..I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. I would love to help!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I normally would never do this, but considering the overwhelming generosity I have seen displayed by members of this club over the years, I thought it might be worth a shot. A very good friend of mine lost his house today in a tragic fire.

http://video.nbc4i.com/v/57599792/condo ... alarm+fire

He and his family lost everything. While my friends and I are doing what we can to help them financially, the one area where they could really use some help is with clothes for their little girl Mya (she's 2).
    I was wondering if any of you out there might have some clothes that your kids have grown out of that you don't need anymore and would care to donate. She is either a size 2T or 3T. If anyone can help, please shoot me a PM,

Thanks.

Just shot a text to my buddy. He has an 7 and 5 year old and maybe he has some of the clothes from the past. I don't know but it's worth a shot.
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Wow! :shock: that's terrible! I gave away a whole bunch but they would have been too small anyway. I would like to get her something though, if that's okay? :(
    Will go through my little one's clothes tomorrow (she's between a 2-3) I'm sure there are still things that no longer fit her too.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    PM sent. My kid is growing up out of her clothes so fast- I have stuff bagged away- so I can send it to someone who'll use it.
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I'll get a hold of my sister today and see if she has clothes that my niece (2 also) isn't wearing!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    first box went out today! :mrgreen: Should get to you by next week sometime.
    You guys are awesome. Thank you so much.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    So sorry to hear this.

I have absolutely no girls clothes and it would probably cost to a bit to send from here. But I wish them all really well on getting things back together.
    Claireack wrote:
    So sorry to hear this.

I have absolutely no girls clothes and it would probably cost to a bit to send from here. But I wish them all really well on getting things back together.

Thanks so much Claireack. I got a text from my friend today and he said it isn't easy and won't be for a good while, but they are hanging in there.
    Forgot to post here yesterday but my buddy had already dropped his stuff off at the salvation army over a year ago. He doesn't have anything in those size ranges anymore. Sorry.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Forgot to post here yesterday but my buddy had already dropped his stuff off at the salvation army over a year ago. He doesn't have anything in those size ranges anymore. Sorry.

Thanks for trying DS. All those horrible things 81 says about you are untrue ;)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Thanks for trying DS. All those horrible things 81 says about you are untrue ;)

No they aren't.
    I apologise for taking so long, have checked and could find a couple of things but cost of shipping is probably more than what the clothes are worth. Would it make more sense to send some money or a voucher?
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    I apologise for taking so long, have checked and could find a couple of things but cost of shipping is probably more than what the clothes are worth. Would it make more sense to send some money or a voucher?

Loulou, that is very sweet of you, but the thought is more than enough. In fact, we have received so much generosity, not only from people on here, but from others as well, that my friends are actually doing very well in terms of replacing clothes, etc., especially for their little one. They've actually asked that we hold off on giving them much more right now because they are a bit overwhelmed. So again, thank you for the thought. :)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Loulou, that is very sweet of you, but the thought is more than enough. In fact, we have received so much generosity, not only from people on here, but from others as well, that my friends are actually doing very well in terms of replacing clothes, etc., especially for their little one. They've actually asked that we hold off on giving them much more right now because they are a bit overwhelmed. So again, thank you for the thought. :)
    No problem, that's really lovely that they have had so much support. Poor things! If you need any more help with anything for them I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    No problem, that's really lovely that they have had so much support. Poor things! If you need any more help with anything for them I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Thank you.
    Well guys, I really appreciate all of your generosity and support, but for now it looks like we are holding off on collecting any more for my friend and his family. They are a bit overwhelmed right now and due to your generosity, as well as others, they are now fixed for clothes, money, etc. for a while. Again, I can't thank you enough for your willingness to help out. The people in this club never cease to amaze me. Thanks again for everything.