Camping near Molson Ampi in Toronto?

whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
My girlfriend and I are heading to TO to see the Black Keys on 8/4 and we are interested in camping, since a quick search of hotels showed some pretty high prices.

Any suggestions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    edited June 2012
    you can't legally camp anywhere around there ... you can try and squat but I don't think it's worth it ...

try priceline or a youth hostel ...

edit: oh and try airbnb.com ... if you haven't heard of it ... it's sort of a place where people rent out rooms in their houses ... or sometimes full on apartments ... depending on what else you plan to do in the city ... i can suggest neighbourhoods ...
    Post edited by polaris_x on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    yeah, it is basically in downtown Toronto. And Toronto is sprawling.
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Damn. Well, I may have to sell the tickets then. Hotel rates are simply too high.

Any local knowledge on where to stay on the cheap?
    what's your budget?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    whygohome wrote:
    Damn. Well, I may have to sell the tickets then. Hotel rates are simply too high.

Well if you are driving, you can broaden your area. Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Buffalo, etc.
    polaris_x wrote:
    what's your budget?

100/120 per night
    edited June 2012
    MayDay10 wrote:
    whygohome wrote:

Well if you are driving, you can broaden your area. Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Buffalo, etc.

misread your post. Ignore
    Post edited by whygohome on
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    edited June 2012
    http://ontariooutdoor.com/places.aspx?p ... anguage=en (all provincial parks in Ontario)

or the one I go to: Guelph Lake: http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document ... 7&Sub1=126

you'd be looking at a 1hr+ drive (non high traffic times)

good park.

Alot of driving to stay at a park (gas $$). Probably not what your looking for and you could probably find a cheaper hotel on the outskirts of Mississauga way cheaper and less driving.

Totally suggest a hotel due to driving..

I shouldnt have posted this... :lol:
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • sd150448sd150448 Posts: 110
    You can't camp, that's for sure.
    I live in East Mississauga and it borders TO.
    Try a few motels in Mississauga...there's one called the Green Acres Motel....it's on Lakeshore Road....they should be good and cheap.
    You can easily walk to the Go train from there...it's only 2 stops from there to Exibition Place....you get off the train and you are there.....right at Ontario Place....or take a ab for about $25.00 CAD

Hope it helps!
    There's also another called the Ivy Motel....but it's a bit of a dive.....close to Go station though.
    Lakeshore Road again.
    whygohome wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    what's your budget?

100/120 per night

dude ... check out airbnb.com ... you'll find lots of great options at that price ...
    my other key piece of advice is to bring bikes and rent a room on airbnb.com central somewhere ... city is very accessible on bikes and for the concert night - it's really the best way to get to and from the amphitheatre as the streetcars are jammed and parking will be a zoo ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    my other key piece of advice is to bring bikes and rent a room on airbnb.com central somewhere ... city is very accessible on bikes and for the concert night - it's really the best way to get to and from the amphitheatre as the streetcars are jammed and parking will be a zoo ...

wear a helmet!
  • tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,694
    if i can make a suggestion.. camping is out of the question unfortunately.. however! i live just outside the city, and with a budget of 100-120 there are lots of options for you! like mentioned previously, try Burlington its maybe 30-40 mins outside if driving and you'd be looking at 70 for a hotel and you can take the go train in and back for 40 bucks return for the two of ya
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
    forget places like Burlington....too far......south east Mississauga or Etobicoke is only 10-12 minutes drive to Ontario Place.
    It's also a long weekend here.
    you do not want to drive ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    you do not want to drive ... :lol:

that's for sure....concert nights at the Molson Amphitheatre are a massive cluster-fuck....
    GO train it for sure