Željko Obradović

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
its the first time in my life..i feel so sad and same time so proud with anything had to do with sports..

the best Basketball European coaches ever.....
after 13 years being head coach of the team i support,Panathinaikos Athens,
after ...total 23 tittles in 13 years..
Euroleague (5): (2000, 2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
Greek Championships (11): (2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Greek Cups (7): (2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012)

will not continue with our team...

a Big,Huge ....THANK YOU....

We goona miss you Zots....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BDeljko_Obradovi%C4%87
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I feel your pain dimi, although Pep didn't coach barca as long as Obra, he did bring us back to the promise land. His stats are fucking insane. Too much to list but U know already hahaha. 13 is a great number of years buddy. To last that long in any sport as a coach is mind blowing. Although I do think European players are a lot easier to coach then American players cuz of the huge egos amongst themselves. Good luck buddy with your new coach.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    badbrains wrote:
    I feel your pain dimi, although Pep didn't coach barca as long as Obra, he did bring us back to the promise land. His stats are fucking insane. Too much to list but U know already hahaha. 13 is a great number of years buddy. To last that long in any sport as a coach is mind blowing. Although I do think European players are a lot easier to coach then American players cuz of the huge egos amongst themselves. Good luck buddy with your new coach.
    what a great man.....its the whole idea about life not only basketball....

i miss him
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :(
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    :(

"The futures paved, with better days....."
    Hang in there buddy :)