Options

***OFFICIAL***I'm Going to Missoula Thread

Comments

• Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    My wife and I drove through Missoula on our trip...does this count? I was in Washington State when I heard the news. We were a few weeks to early. You all enjoy!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Suzi78 wrote:
    Just booked two cabins and an RV site across from them at the KOA....shit just got real! :D woooooo......and now I'm leavin work for a four day long weekend 8-)

Speaking of shit...so do I get my own bathroom or what?
    There are no bathrooms....communal. There's one in the RV, but I'll be damn sure I lock the door if you're around ;)

I've been trying so hard for the past 7 months to erase that from my memory. Thanks a lot for reminding me... :x

( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: )
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Suzi78 wrote:

I've been trying so hard for the past 7 months to erase that from my memory. Thanks a lot for reminding me... :x

( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: )
    :lol:
    Ya...I'm still giggling awkwardly :lolno: :shifty: :wtf: :lol:
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    81 wrote:
    Hell of a mix....we might need a koa thread 8-)

When are arriving? Chicago/WI crew will be in sometime friday late afternoon/evening
    Assuming nothing changes between now and then (like all of us deciding, and being able, to take an extra day off), we won't be arriving until Saturday, probably late morning. We can't leave until we're done work on the friday. Plan to sleep somewhere between Lethbridge and the border....something tells me we won't be sleeping much that night, gonna be a little cramped....so we'll probably be back on the road early.
    I'm not sure what time/which day our American friends will be meeting us quite yet...

What would happen in this KOA thread? What would we plan? a minigolf tournament? Drunken carousel horse racing? Poker tourney? Giant jenga safety plan?
    Make it so number (eighty) one!
  • Options
    JP4846JP4846 Posts: 27
    81 wrote:
    Hell of a mix....we might need a koa thread 8-)

When are arriving? Chicago/WI crew will be in sometime friday late afternoon/evening
    Assuming nothing changes between now and then (like all of us deciding, and being able, to take an extra day off), we won't be arriving until Saturday, probably late morning. We can't leave until we're done work on the friday. Plan to sleep somewhere between Lethbridge and the border....something tells me we won't be sleeping much that night, gonna be a little cramped....so we'll probably be back on the road early.
    I'm not sure what time/which day our American friends will be meeting us quite yet...

What would happen in this KOA thread? What would we plan? a minigolf tournament? Drunken carousel horse racing? Poker tourney? Giant jenga safety plan?
    Make it so number (eighty) one!

Drunken carousel horse racing... that's great! I'm down :thumbup:
    Sea 96, Sea 98 #1&2, SF 00, PDX 00, Sea 00 #1&2, Sea 01, Sea 02 #3&4, Missoula 03, Van BC 03, Sea 05, Gorge 05, Van BC 05, Gorge 06 #1&2, Sea 09 #2,Van BC 09, EV PDX 11, Van BC 11, Missoula 12, Spokane 13, Calgary 13, Van BC 13, Sea 13
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Those of us staying at the lovely Hawthorne Suites (and Norm just down the road) can sit by the pool and watch when Missoula's SWAT team arrives to storm the KOA and restore order.

I hope the news helicopter prop wash doesn't mess up my almost-as-long-as-Eddie's hair.

Just like we did in Wisconsin, looking down the block at the infamous Super 8.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Those of us staying at the lovely Hawthorne Suites (and Norm just down the road) can sit by the pool and watch when Missoula's SWAT team arrives to storm the KOA and restore order.

I hope the news helicopter prop wash doesn't mess up my almost-as-long-as-Eddie's hair.

and don't forget the waffles!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    afroannnie wrote:

Still waiting for my Fuck Pancakes from Speedy.

Is he making the trek?

If so, I will bring Real Vermont Maple Syrup made and sold by people wearing tie-dye and bandanas.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Still waiting for my Fuck Pancakes from Speedy.

Is he making the trek?

If so, I will bring Real Vermont Maple Syrup made and sold by people wearing tie-dye and bandanas.

Not sure if he's going.
    Perhaps we can ask for Fuck Pancakes on our flight from Minn to Missoula? When they offer us peanuts, we'll say "No, thank you. Just the Fuck Pancakes please."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    afroannnie wrote:

waffles you say......please deliver mine about 11am....with a side of coffee
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

You know waffle time is much earlier than that!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    afroannnie wrote:

not this time missy....

no more bs 4am showers...with 8am wakeup calls. :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

not this time missy....

:lol::lol: I can't help it that RK & I had a psychic waffle moment :D
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,913
    This thread's getting interesting. I'm getting a pretty good idea as to who or whom will be keeping my wife and I awake during our stay at the Missoula KOA. :lol:

(WARNING: we'll have Scruffy the Cat and Charlie the Teddy Bear on guard duty you young whipper snappers!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    This thread's getting interesting. I'm getting a pretty good idea as to who or whom will be keeping my wife and I awake during our stay at the Missoula KOA. :lol:

(WARNING: we'll have Scruffy the Cat and Charlie the Teddy Bear on guard duty you young whipper snappers!)

I think Charlie has a brother, and his name is Ted. Could you also bring Ted... :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

I will be sure to keep said waffle "in my pocket all day so they're all warm and soft"
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

not this time missy....

no worries 81, you will be in a tent outside, unlost, afro and I will all be in a nice comfy warm hotel room!

afro and I will have another psychic waffle moment and exclude you.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I will be sure to keep said waffle "in my pocket all day so they're all warm and soft"
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

not this time missy....

no worries 81, you will be in a tent outside, unlost, afro and I will all be in a nice comfy warm hotel room!

afro and I will have another psychic waffle moment and exclude you.

good chance i'll be warm and cozy in the cabin sleeping till noon. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,913
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

I think Charlie has a brother, and his name is Ted. Could you also bring Ted... :lol:

As in Ted E. Bear? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

i didn't know you got a cabin too... :lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

:nono:

i'm calling top bunk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:nono:

i'm calling top bunk.

but, i prefer to be on top...what?!?! :o :shock: :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

As in Ted E. Bear? :lol:

yes indeed, he has a movie out now. :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Jeanwah wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I still say everyone should line up by height. We had to go through that every for our class picture..why stop now?

Agreed. Come on guys, especially you tall guys, we short people shouldn't have to stand behind you! Be kind and let us see!
    I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I still say everyone should line up by height. We had to go through that every for our class picture..why stop now?

Agreed. Come on guys, especially you tall guys, we short people shouldn't have to stand behind you! Be kind and let us see!
    I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

i'll roll like i roll in a two into 1 traffic merge.

ONE person can cut in front of me, and one person only....after that, i'm squeezing onto the ass of the person in front of me blocking all other cutters......and she bettter have a nice butt. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    Lizard wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.
    I refuse to be delegated to the back of the room just because I was born with the disadvantage of being tall. Geez, short people are so racist! :evil: :evil: :evil:

;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Geez, short people are so racist! :evil: :evil: :evil:

;)

discrimatory might be a better word. :lol:

but in fairness to the midgets in the crowd....they have been looked down upon their entire life. :eh:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

;)

but in fairness to the midgets in the crowd....they have been looked down upon their entire life. :eh:
    :lol: I know - I was trying to be inflammatory! :lol:

Honestly though... if there was a short person or two standing directly behind me, I'd let them go in front of me of course, but I'm not about to stand aside and let all the shorter people move to the front while I hang back. My eyesight isn't that great, and I'm not that nice. :|
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

;)

:lol: I know - I was trying to be inflammatory! :lol:

Honestly though... if there was a short person or two standing directly behind me, I'd let them go in front of me of course, but I'm not about to stand aside and let all the shorter people move to the front while I hang back. My eyesight isn't that great, and I'm not that nice. :|

you let one midget in and the next thing you know, you have a midget tossing event. :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg