It's Back Baby!!! Thoughts on the new site so far??

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Has anyone checked out the account section? I am not sure, but I think that my member nummer might have changed :think: Too bad I cannot back-check with the old site now to be sure.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
    Has anyone checked out the account section? I am not sure, but I think that my member nummer might have changed :think: Too bad I cannot back-check with the old site now to be sure.

My account section is... BLANK! Does that mean I don't exist anymore? Just a ghost tapping on this keyboard? Oh shit... :o
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:

My account section is... BLANK! Does that mean I don't exist anymore? Just a ghost tapping on this keyboard? Oh shit... :o

Yeah, I had to fill that in again as well. There are two accounts, a general one and the forum one. Addresses and bank details are easier to fill in now, I think.
  • Has anyone checked out the account section? I am not sure, but I think that my member nummer might have changed :think: Too bad I cannot back-check with the old site now to be sure.

Mine is still the same...

And its way too high for my liking :fp:
    2010 - Boston
    2011 - Alpine 1 & 2 --- EV - Providence & Boston - Tres Mts - Boston
    2012 - Missoula
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Worcester 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    2014 - Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016 - Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, New York City 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1

Mine is still the same...

And its way too high for my liking :fp:

Okay, maybe I was wrong. I don't know my member number by heart. I'm European, so seniority isn't really an issue for me :oops: :lol:
  • your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    it didn't remember my password... spent forever trying to remember it; wouldn't have typed it in in years
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
    it didn't remember my password... spent forever trying to remember it; wouldn't have typed it in in years

I sweated that one myself for a while. Lucky guess. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    it's cool, I didn't see PJ20 Alpine boots though :think:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    chat is not working now or it's only for me?
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    I am LOVING the pics gallery and the live show songs that play along with them :corn:

yup. that's a definite highlight!

yes, very good part of the site
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    I am LOVING the pics gallery and the live show songs that play along with them :corn:

It scared the crap out of me so I'm not a fan. :shock: :P I'd like to be able to choose whether I want to listen to the song, rather than it just starting to play out of nowhere. In general, I greatly dislike websites with background music. :think: I think it reminds me too much of Myspace. :lol:

EDIT: Though yes, the pictures are cool.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I likee :D
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    eMMI wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

It scared the crap out of me so I'm not a fan. :shock: :P I'd like to be able to choose whether I want to listen to the song, rather than it just starting to play out of nowhere. In general, I greatly dislike websites with background music. :think: I think it reminds me too much of Myspace. :lol:

I think that there's a "pause" buttom at the bottom of the page so that you can mute the tunes.
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Really liking it so far,some things more than others,but that's to be expected,I'm not to shy to say that I really really missed it!Totally felt like my routine/life was outta whack for those few days :lol::lol:
    Happy 1st full new website day everyone! :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I don't like change
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

I think that there's a "pause" buttom at the bottom of the page so that you can mute the tunes.

Well yes, of course there is. :D I just don't like it when music starts on a site/page/in web ads without my permission. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Site: looks good
    Board: looks shitty as always
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Ill never use the chat
    I dont buy their merchandise
    I wont download from the vault
    The forum looks the exact same (which is OK by me)

But from what I can see....
    Most of you folks are happy with the changes....
    Thats good...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    at least Speedy stayed the same...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I do have to LAUGH...
    At the folks here...
    Who when they signed on to the new board....
    THE FIRST thing they do, is check out their 10club number...
    And make sure NOTHING has changed....GOD FORBID!!!!
    Because its all about that precious, silly, fucking number.....
    I signed on to the new board....And it lists my sign up date as 3-13-95

I know damned well I signed up 3-11-95!!!

Im calling the 10Club IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

Its all about that precious number.....
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I was hoping it would become touch-screen, but I am let down once again.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    "It's kinda like a new pair of underwear...
    At first it's constricting,
    but after awhile
    it really feels like a part of you!"

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I expected more of a drastic change- new colors, logo, etc..

Its definitely a more tidier site, but its too much the same as it was before.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    the media area seems nicer and Philly Oct 31st pics made me cry ...
    I'm easy :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I do have to LAUGH...
    At the folks here...
    Who when they signed on to the new board....
    THE FIRST thing they do, is check out their 10club number...
    And make sure NOTHING has changed....GOD FORBID!!!!
    Because its all about that precious, silly, fucking number.....

f Cincy.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I was really hoping for an additional Thread category..."Baby O' Riley: The Many Ramblings of a smoking baby".
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I tried the live chat, but I didn't have much to talk about. I still think it is awesome!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    I wanted to update my payment info with a new cc, but it somehow didn't work. Does anyone else have this problem?