Anyone own a Kia Optima or dealt with Carsense?

JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Your thoughts please....
Alright, alright, alright!
Tom O.
"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
-The Writer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm leery of any product that uses Vince Neil in their adverting. :lol:

If memory serves correct didn't Vince kill a guy in a car accident years ago? Now he's doing car commercials.

Does look like a sharp car however.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm leery of any product that uses Vince Neil in their adverting. :lol:

If memory serves correct didn't Vince kill a guy in a car accident years ago? Now he's doing car commercials.

Does look like a sharp car however.

Also the advertisements with Blake Griffin. The argument could be made that Blake may or may not be cross-eyed.

Kia is ballsy. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Blake may or may not be cross-eyed.

or gay (red jogging suit in the woods commercial) :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i don't care for the front end on the optima

i've only been in one kia, it was a bare bones station wagon....it ran fine, but the interior was about as cheap as cheap could be. this was a good 7-8 years ago. could be a lot differnet today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i don't care for the front end on the optima

i've only been in one kia, it was a bare bones station wagon....it ran fine, but the interior was about as cheap as cheap could be. this was a good 7-8 years ago. could be a lot differnet today.

Kia has stepped it up. My sis had a 97 optima that sounds like what you're speaking of but a friend of mine has the new Optima and it's a pretty sleak machine at an affordable price.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    the Ex turbo did sound fun. 275hp from a 2.0 motor pretty impressive
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    good grief, at first glance at the thread title, I had no idea this was about cars. I thought it was about a mental disorder. I read it as "dealt with carsenese" and thought wow, another affliction i've never heard of, wonder what thats about

:crazy:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I love all the comments. How does no one mention the Victoria Secret model Kia commercial?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I love all the comments. How does no one mention the Victoria Secret model Kia commercial?

Too distracted by their other monumentally poor choices. :lol:

Either that or she's not revealing enough. Kia needs to fully embrace the "sex sells" philosophy.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Either that or she's not revealing enough. Kia needs to fully embrace the "sex sells" philosophy.

VS model...don't remember that one. the fiat commercail is nice tho. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I've driven a lot of Kias. As someone who spends more time in rental cars than my own, I think I've driven every Kia model. I will say, over the last few years, they have really stepped it up.
    The barebones models are definitely "lacking", but the higher trim models can be quite nice.
    The new Sorento is a pretty nice car/cross-over.
    mca47 wrote:
    I've driven a lot of Kias. As someone who spends more time in rental cars than my own, I think I've driven every Kia model. I will say, over the last few years, they have really stepped it up.
    The barebones models are definitely "lacking", but the higher trim models can be quite nice.
    The new Sorento is a pretty nice car/cross-over.

Thanks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

VS model...don't remember that one. the fiat commercail is nice tho. :lol:

The VS model Kia Commercial:
    http://youtu.be/KZNdrgWoTxI

How does Vince Neil get mentioned but not Adriana Lima :?: :nono:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    I have never had any dealings with carsense but I have owned a Kia or two.

Purchased a 2005 Sportage (new)because I was looking for an affordable SUV as a second vehicle. It only regular maintenance never anything else.

Since the Sportage was so reliable we bought a 2012 Sorento and it has been just as nice.

In the fall my sons were hit and the 2005 Sportage was totaled but the Kia did what it said it would do and kept them safe. Neither was hurt. To see our car vs the the car of the girl who hit them......

After personally witnessing my children and how my car performed in a crash test i had to buy another Kia!
    We replaced the Sportage with the new Soul. It is fun but personally I liked the Sportage better.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
    bionicamy wrote:
    I have never had any dealings with carsense but I have owned a Kia or two.

Purchased a 2005 Sportage (new)because I was looking for an affordable SUV as a second vehicle. It only regular maintenance never anything else.

Since the Sportage was so reliable we bought a 2012 Sorento and it has been just as nice.

In the fall my sons were hit and the 2005 Sportage was totaled but the Kia did what it said it would do and kept them safe. Neither was hurt. To see our car vs the the car of the girl who hit them......

After personally witnessing my children and how my car performed in a crash test i had to buy another Kia!
    We replaced the Sportage with the new Soul. It is fun but personally I liked the Sportage better.

Thanks. The new Sorrento's are sharp looking but we came across a pretty good deal on an 2012 Optima. We're checking it out tonight.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Blake may or may not be cross-eyed.

or gay (red jogging suit in the woods commercial) :?

I thought you were gonna make a hamster joke...what IS with the hamsters selling Kias?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    If you haven't checked these out.... Good luck tonight :D

http://www.kia-forums.com/

Or

http://www.optimaforums.com/
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    I hear Ashley Schaeffer has specials on Kia's right now

The alluring cherry blossom

schaeffer.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    image14.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    My first car that i ever purchased was a 1998 Kia Sephia. Really shitty interior but that thing went 125K strong. I beat the shit out of it too.