Options

The vault will be opening!!!

lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
edited May 2013 in The Porch
Q: I read that one of the new features will be “Select Bootleg Revival”.  What does that mean?

A: Our own Pearl Jam sound engineer is digging into the archive and pulling out some old bootlegs that have either been discontinued or were never released.  We never quite know which recordings will surface so it’s quite an exciting time.  We’ll be posting them for sale in the online store, one-by-one as we receive them. 
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    I just hope it's not all digital files.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,936

Me too...but I'll take whatever I can get!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    simmer everyone, but I hope you're right.

unedited shows please! I'm fine with digital only, as long as it's FLAC.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I hope it's digital, will be cheaper!

If you wanna burn em just buy some blank CDs for 1 cent.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    One-by-one is the key word in that entire paragraph. 10Club could prove us all wrong and have several shows ready to go, but my money says this is a work in progress and the first show wont see the light of day for sometime......followed by very, very few shows.

History ALWAYS repeats....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I am very curious to see the revival and how it works. They plan 1-2 shows released a month? Or one every few months? They could have been working on them for a while now. Hopefully they start strong and release a great show from 96,98, or 07. I would think that they will be full shows if they exist, and both mp3/flac too. I would also think Kufala could handle the business of putting them on disc, they have been excellent over the last few years with the current bootlegs.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Bring on Pittsburgh 98 and Toledo 04!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    1998'.......i love hearing matt learn the songs...its so creative!! :o:o
    specially the 3 in Melbourne and 3 from Sydney...i've longed to have them on quality discs...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    this will be,very very intrestng..!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Super CreepSuper Creep Posts: 374
    This is exciting.

I'm also, of course, prepared to be disappointed in one way or another.

Edit: Whoa, I haven't posted in a long time.
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Bring on Pittsburgh 98!

Yes, please!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    I am very curious to see the revival and how it works. They plan 1-2 shows released a month? Or one every few months? They could have been working on them for a while now. Hopefully they start strong and release a great show from 96,98, or 07. I would think that they will be full shows if they exist, and both mp3/flac too. I would also think Kufala could handle the business of putting them on disc, they have been excellent over the last few years with the current bootlegs.

I think it just says released "one-by-one" which means we could get one the first day and then not another for a year........ :fp:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

I think it just says released "one-by-one" which means we could get one the first day and then not another for a year........ :fp:

Yes I know, or it could be one when it launchs, and another 3 weeks later, or 6 weeks later. Who knows, I am trying to be positive about it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    I think the key is control. If the band has given full control to the people mentioned, I think we could see frequent and regular releases. However, if as Tim has said in the past, the band wants to approve every release, this will take forever, just because (a) their time is much more limited and (b) they are probably way too critical of their own performances.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJ should do for their bootlegs what Third Man Records does with their "Vault", take orders for about three months with a deadline then press the exact amount of records ordered. Yes I said pressed! Not saying this should be the only method of release but would be very cool to get PJ boot's on vinyl. Of course both nights of PJ20 at Alpine should be first! I wouldn't mind a Saratoga NY, 2000 Bootleg on vinyl either.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Astoria '06 is pretty much all I need.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945

That & edited/cut out songs from the setlist.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    simmer everyone, but I hope you're right.

Yep. This has the potential to be great but it could also be another mega fail. I'm not getting my hopes up til anything gets released.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they open the vault with nothing in it for a few months.

Vaults open guys! Expect a previously unreleased show soon! (3 months)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they open the vault with nothing in it for a few months.

Vaults open guys! Expect a previously unreleased show soon! (3 months)

.....and then hear nothing about it ever again.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    curly wrote:
    specially the 3 in Melbourne and 3 from Sydney...i've longed to have them on quality discs...
    That's Jack Irons on those Melbourne and Sydney shows.

Matt didn't join until the US dates.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    PJ should do for their bootlegs what Third Man Records does with their "Vault", take orders for about three months with a deadline then press the exact amount of records ordered. Yes I said pressed! Not saying this should be the only method of release but would be very cool to get PJ boot's on vinyl. Of course both nights of PJ20 at Alpine should be first! I wouldn't mind a Saratoga NY, 2000 Bootleg on vinyl either.

:o This would be an amazing option! :D
  • Options
    Super CreepSuper Creep Posts: 374

Neat idea, but a full length Pearl Jam concert on vinyl would be a nightmare to produce and probably be very expensive. We're talking at least three records per concert, considering that one record (both sides) can hold approximately 45 minutes of music is pressed correctly. Expect that to cost at least $50, taking into account that it would a small run and the current cost of the CD bootlegs.
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

Neat idea, but a full length Pearl Jam concert on vinyl would be a nightmare to produce and probably be very expensive. We're talking at least three records per concert, considering that one record (both sides) can hold approximately 45 minutes of music is pressed correctly. Expect that to cost at least $50, taking into account that it would a small run and the current cost of the CD bootlegs.

You're totally right, I hadn't thought it through.
    However, it's a fun idea in concept.
  • Options

Thirdman costs $60. Agreed, its a longer show for PJ, but Jack also puts in DVD's of performances and 45's of out takes and unreleased songs. I'd glady pay $60 for this stuff from PJ every three months.

I honestly think its too much work for PJ to pull off. They just don't care as much right now.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    edited June 2012
    Brisk. wrote:
    I hope it's digital, will be cheaper!

If you wanna burn em just buy some blank CDs for 1 cent.
    It's about the sound quality, not the physical state of the format.
    Of course they will all be available digitally - people are hoping the CDs will also be available because the sound quality would be better than mp3. And to add to collections of course.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    alpine!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Spencer wrote:
    curly wrote:
    That's Jack Irons on those Melbourne and Sydney shows.

Matt didn't join until the US dates.

my bad...so...thanks for the heads up/correction....
    i've heard the Dallas 98' show and maybe a few other from that year...very few that is...
    either way...it'll be cool to hear the differences from 96' shows thru 98' and then on...etc..etc...
    can't wait for new site...definately somethin' to look forward to...
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Let's hope for some 1996 and 1998 rather than re-issuing the 2000s and 2003s, etc
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.