Have you got your apple thermostat

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9279LL/A?

nest-thermostat-img.jpg

i'm waiting for the 4g version. i don't have a home wifi network.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I want an Apple band-aid. It can give me contant updates on how my bob-boo is healing.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9279LL/A?

nest-thermostat-img.jpg

i'm waiting for the 4g version. i don't have a home wifi network.
    Yes sir!! Installing in the new house.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    how is this PJ related?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    how is this PJ related?

I dunno, does it come out next tuesday?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    how is this PJ related?

I dunno, does it come out next tuesday?

:lol:

put a PJ20 sticker on it and I think they may have something. 10club only, no resale of course....
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I'm just waiting for Apple to build my whole house for me, might as well get it all done at once.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I think it's a pretty neat idea.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    I think it's a pretty neat idea.

teh concept is interesting, which i assume is based on your phone gps settings...but what does it do for pets?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    kinda related ... i use gmail for my email and am looking for something else as i don't really like how google tracks everything and then sends me targeted ads nor do i like the fact that when i goto youtube or do a search - it's all tracked under my name if i've logged into my email ...

anyone haev a .me email addy? ... do the fuckers at apple do the same as the fuckers at google?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    polaris_x wrote:
    kinda related ... i use gmail for my email and am looking for something else as i don't really like how google tracks everything and then sends me targeted ads nor do i like the fact that when i goto youtube or do a search - it's all tracked under my name if i've logged into my email ...

anyone haev a .me email addy? ... do the fuckers at apple do the same as the fuckers at google?
    I have me.. never get anything from apple...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    polaris_x wrote:

Apple does track you they are just a lot less obtrusive about it than the other guys. I guess the one thing that has a bunch of Apple consumers up in arms now is they track what you search and say when you use Siri. Personally, I don't give a shit but some people just get paranoid with that stuff. :? I mean the entire internet just tracks you anyhow. A couple of weeks ago ZiggyStar posted her website link on the boards here and I thought it'd be funny to fuck around with her on her website and ask some questions. After a three minute back and forth she knew my IP address, I believe she knew my location, she knew what pages on her website I had visited and she knew I went to her website from the link on the PJ forums.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    DS1119 wrote:
    Apple does track you they are just a lot less obtrusive about it than the other guys. I guess the one thing that has a bunch of Apple consumers up in arms now is they track what you search and say when you use Siri. Personally, I don't give a shit but some people just get paranoid with that stuff. :? I mean the entire internet just tracks you anyhow. A couple of weeks ago ZiggyStar posted her website link on the boards here and I thought it'd be funny to fuck around with her on her website and ask some questions. After a three minute back and forth she knew my IP address, I believe she knew my location, she knew what pages on her website I had visited and she knew I went to her website from the link on the PJ forums.

ya ... i get that ... it just bugs me that all this is done without any transparency ... i mean the Ads preference thing is so ambiguous with the Opt In / Opt Out thing ... in order to block advertisers I need to Opt In but then I have to basically block every advertiser that shows up ... so I Opt Out of ads but they are still allowed to send me ads based on text in my email ... and if i goto utube and i've signed into my email - i am automatically signed into utube ... ok ... so, i sign out of utube ... it signs me out of gmail ... that bugs me there ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

ya ... i get that ... it just bugs me that all this is done without any transparency ... i mean the Ads preference thing is so ambiguous with the Opt In / Opt Out thing ... in order to block advertisers I need to Opt In but then I have to basically block every advertiser that shows up ... so I Opt Out of ads but they are still allowed to send me ads based on text in my email ... and if i goto utube and i've signed into my email - i am automatically signed into utube ... ok ... so, i sign out of utube ... it signs me out of gmail ... that bugs me there ...

i use hotmail...works great
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DS1119 wrote:
    I mean the entire internet just tracks you anyhow. A couple of weeks ago ZiggyStar posted her website link on the boards here and I thought it'd be funny to fuck around with her on her website and ask some questions. After a three minute back and forth she knew my IP address, I believe she knew my location, she knew what pages on her website I had visited and she knew I went to her website from the link on the PJ forums.

Yep. My Live Chat Messenger tells me all of the above and more. Love it! :lol: Add google analytics to that I get to learn a hell of a lot of info about my customers.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I mean the entire internet just tracks you anyhow. A couple of weeks ago ZiggyStar posted her website link on the boards here and I thought it'd be funny to fuck around with her on her website and ask some questions. After a three minute back and forth she knew my IP address, I believe she knew my location, she knew what pages on her website I had visited and she knew I went to her website from the link on the PJ forums.

Yep. My Live Chat Messenger tells me all of the above and more. Love it! :lol: Add google analytics to that I get to learn a hell of a lot of info about my customers.

:o :shifty:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

oh shit....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:

oh shit....

Yep....you're fucked!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote: