Happy 75th, Golden Gate!

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    You don't look a day over 70 Golden Gate Bridge. I just wish you'd shut the fuck up about the days when gas cost a nickel.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    didn't look a day over 74 when i walked it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I watched the fireworks from Emeryville, they were beautiful! :)
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    550f5d0e.jpg
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I've been over it countless times but I've been here nearly 7 years and still have yet to walk it ... that changes this summer.

Don't be fooled by the good looks of the Golden Gate though, the Bay Bridge is infinitely more important than the GG.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    jimed14 wrote:
    I've been over it countless times but I've been here nearly 7 years and still have yet to walk it ... that changes this summer.

Don't be fooled by the good looks of the Golden Gate though, the Bay Bridge is infinitely more important than the GG.
    Word. The Bay Bridge is turning 75 in a few months, it probably won't get the same props! I know I cross it more than any other bridge. The Golden Gate is quite beautiful, lovely art deco
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Golden Gate? Pfft! We got the twin bridges here in Smalbany.

10637119.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Well...you were covered in clouds when I walked on you and I couldn't really see you but HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD BASTARD!!! :P
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Happy Birthday, GG! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    jimed14 wrote:

hop on a bike ... do the ride to sausalito ... check out the boathouses there ... take the boat taxi back to the terminal and have some prosciutto on a baguette ...

my kind of day ...
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
    jimed14 wrote:

Word. The Bay Bridge is turning 75 in a few months, it probably won't get the same props! I know I cross it more than any other bridge. The Golden Gate is quite beautiful, lovely art deco

It's true- the Golden Gate is always dressed up and lookin' good but the Bay Bridge is the work horse of bay area bridges. But what they both share are gateways to one of the finest cities in the world!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.