Skydiver planning world record 120,000-foot jump from space

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    that is fucking insane!!!!!!!!so.. if a man farts in space can you hear it??? only if he's falling!!!LMAO I loved when they said he'd set the record for being the only human to break the sound barrier in a free-fall!!!LMAO!!!
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    If one of the things that could go wrong is "your blood may boil" then I'm out!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    What made me really wonder about this skydive is why are they doing it? I mean I guess the thrill is huge but there must be some other scientific reason.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Crazy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    If he's looking for thrills tell him he should try getting tickets via the 10c!
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    If this does happen, I sure as hell hope they put a remote on his parachute to open when his lifeless body plummets to earth.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    one of the comments under the article: "what if he misses earth?"

:lol::lol::lol:
    rival. wrote:
    one of the comments under the article: "what if he misses earth?"

:lol::lol::lol:

That would be one hell of a final ride. :lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    edited May 2012
    Take a look at this before he or she does this crazy jump.... :shock:

Skydiving Gone Bad-Grandma Almost Falls Out of Harness

What a moment of TRUTH!

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    he's going to break the sound barrier ...

he's going to be a sonic boom! :shock:

he needs a personalized t-shirt for that!

safe travels you crazy guy you 8-)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    This is almost as daring as when I jumped off the high-board at the community pool when I was 10.

:)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Jason P wrote:
    This is almost as daring as when I jumped off the high-board at the community pool when I was 10.

:lol::lol:
    Almost.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    g under p wrote:

What a moment of TRUTH!

Peace

That jump not only scary but funny at the same time. I'm glad she's ok though...WHeeeewww!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    awesome
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    awesome
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

What a moment of TRUTH!

Peace

That jump not only scary but funny at the same time. I'm glad she's ok though...WHeeeewww!

Peace

Oh one more thing ALWAYS ALWAYS check, check and RECHECK YOUR EQUIPMENT! If that was me I would surely need an underwear change. :shock:

Peace

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    aah i see hes only falling from the stratosphere. good luck with that dude. cause you know if it was real space hed burn up on re entry. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jason P wrote:

:lol:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    g under p wrote:

What a moment of TRUTH!

Peace

That's crazy...the place that she jumped is being investigated because:
    " At least eight people have died at the Parachute Center in the last 10 years" :roll:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47597386/ ... 8aZTVIU6Sp

I can't believe that the guy she jumped with didn't realize she wasn't properly in her harness before the jump..I jumped tandem and I felt very securely "locked" to my jumping partner.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    afroannnie wrote:
    g under p wrote:

What a moment of TRUTH!

Peace

That's crazy...the place that she jumped is being investigated because:
    " At least eight people have died at the Parachute Center in the last 10 years" :roll:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47597386/ ... 8aZTVIU6Sp

I can't believe that the guy she jumped with didn't realize she wasn't properly in her harness before the jump..I jumped tandem and I felt very securely "locked" to my jumping partner.

I agree, just before she jumped her harness looked loose.....you should feel pinned in those harnesses. They should be investigate with that many fatalities.

peace