Inglorious Basterds

peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
:lol: What a movie
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    :lol: What a movie

Like others in the movie theater, I cheered out loud!
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    Way underrated. The press did not get behind this enough. One of tarentinos best.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    Fuckin Tarantino's Brain is a national treasure IMO.....The imagery he's provided us over the years :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Way underrated. The press did not get behind this enough. One of tarentinos best.

It certainly is! Number two to Pulp Fiction for me.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    thats-a-bingo2.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    The Colonel's pipe in the beginning really cracks me up. What a honker! :lol:
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Great movie indeed :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    hated it. I will never watch one of his movies, ever again
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    hated it. I will never watch one of his movies, ever again

Understandable, lots of people don't like his films
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=122117 ;):lol:

i thought it was good, not great though. In my defense though i only saw it once (in the theater and i was kidna tired when i saw it :oops: ).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Still haven't seen it
    for shame
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=122117 ;):lol:

i thought it was good, not great though. In my defense though i only saw it once (in the theater and i was kidna tired when i saw it :oops: ).

Ah, you always find the other threads for me! Apologies! :)
    StillHere wrote:
    Still haven't seen it
    for shame

Do you like other Tarantino films? If you do, you will enjoy this one.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Top 50 movie all time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Love this movie:

"We ain't in the takin prisoners business, we're in the killin Nazi business. And business is a BOOMIN!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    great movie ... excellent performances across the board ...
    StillHere wrote:
    Still haven't seen it
    for shame

Do you like other Tarantino films? If you do, you will enjoy this one.

i do
    i love tarantino!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm a big Tarantino fan so I naturally loved the film. Even despite my fandom it still holds up due to some strong performances and dialogue delivery.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763

Movie was epic... so underrated it wasn't even funny... I don't understand why, might have been due to the fact that his previous movie was Kill Bill, which was insane, and the fact that when hollywood found out about his movie topic like 4 other nazi killing movie's were rushed out of the studio to try and capitalize on the idea before tarentino...

Apparently, or so I read somewhere, his next project is going to be the story of the Vega brothers (i.e. a prequel to pulp fiction centered around travolta's character)... very interested to see how that comes out....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    loved it...friend of mine at work and I use Brad Pitt's half hearted attempt at Italian often....GraAHzee
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    polaris_x wrote:
    great movie ... excellent performances across the board ...

yep. incredible.

and clever marketing around the movie when it came out. this is hardly a brad pitt movie... he is the third, if not fourth main character.
    shep wrote:

Movie was epic... so underrated it wasn't even funny... I don't understand why, might have been due to the fact that his previous movie was Kill Bill, which was insane, and the fact that when hollywood found out about his movie topic like 4 other nazi killing movie's were rushed out of the studio to try and capitalize on the idea before tarentino...

Apparently, or so I read somewhere, his next project is going to be the story of the Vega brothers (i.e. a prequel to pulp fiction centered around travolta's character)... very interested to see how that comes out....

He had second thoughts on that from what I've read. His next movie is going to be a Western called, Django Unchained with Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Christopher Waltz (The Colonel) starring. I love a good western movie and since Tarantino has stated his favorite movie is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, I think I will enjoy this very much. Due out on Christmas Day
    loved it...friend of mine at work and I use Brad Pitt's half hearted attempt at Italian often....GraAHzee

Si, errrr, correcto. :lol:
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    I love this movie. I saw it in the theater and everyone cheered also, I love fun movie theater experiences, it doesn't happen very often. Christoph Waltz should be in every movie :lol: I also was majorly impressed by Tarantino's use of the alternate version of David Bowie's Cat People during the big scene, yesssss! 8-)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    jimed14 wrote:
    thats-a-bingo2.jpg

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763

He had second thoughts on that from what I've read. His next movie is going to be a Western called, Django Unchained with Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Christopher Waltz (The Colonel) starring. I love a good western movie and since Tarantino has stated his favorite movie is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, I think I will enjoy this very much. Due out on Christmas Day

Sounds good! I will be at any Tarantino opening weekend - regardless of reviews/critical acclaim. Christmas day works for me... it's a holiday ;)

:corn:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It had some classic scenes. Although I wish it would have ended differently. The theater scene seemed out of place.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=122117 ;):lol:

i agree
    not as good as i had anticipated
    brad pitt makes anything tolerable
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i've seen this move a crap ton of times and i think the bar scene is better than the opening scene.

the suspense in both is unreal, but something about that bar scene...
    well you know

i now have to rent/stream/download? this movie (whatever we do these days)

all this talk has my curiosity peaked :D

should have done it a long time ago, i know
    peace,
    jo