Practical jokes for my husband?

CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So after 20 months of living 6 hours apart because of jobs, my daughter and I are finally moving back in with my husband (11 days to go!). However, my husband and I have already discussed how it might be a bit of an adjustment living together again full time.So, to try and keep things light while we adjust, I thought I'd have a few practical jokes ready...

A couple simple ideas I have:

I pretty much have music going in the kitchen all the time, but I thought I'd switch out my usual PJ and co for some Lady Gaga/Rihana type music... and make sure I learn the lyrics!

Or start making him say grace before we eat dinner (no offence meant to anyone who does this, but this just isn't part of our family life)... or even better, get out of bed before going to sleep to kneel down and say my prayers.

I've got him good a few times... my favourite was when I found a pack of matches in his jeans and I wrote a girl's name and phone number on the inside. I made sure he was chatting with me while I was doing laundry and cleaning out pockets. I pulled out the match book and got all upset when I saw the girl's name and number. You should have seen him sweat! He knew he hadn't done anything wrong, but couldn't find the words to really explain how it got there. I played it out for about an hour—Grammy worthy performance he said!

Anyone got any ideas for me? Nothing really mean though...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Tell him you're pregnant but you're not sure who the father is. :corn:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Snakes in a can ... but use real snakes for a twist.
    :think:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cheeks wrote:
    I've got him good a few times... my favourite was when I found a pack of matches in his jeans and I wrote a girl's name and phone number on the inside. I made sure he was chatting with me while I was doing laundry and cleaning out pockets. I pulled out the match book and got all upset when I saw the girl's name and number. You should have seen him sweat! He knew he hadn't done anything wrong, but couldn't find the words to really explain how it got there. I played it out for about an hour—Grammy worthy performance he said!

Anyone got any ideas for me? Nothing really mean though...

Nothing really mean?! ^^^That's pretty mean.

But kinda funny too. I just think you should master the art of peeing standing up if you really want to shock the fella. Or draw up some elaborate plans for robbing a bank, like floorplans and handwritten notes all over it. Be sure to put it on the refrigerator with some scribbling from your daughter on it too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    A few condoms in your purse for him to see. :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    pretend that you took-in a drifter!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cheeks wrote:
    Grammy worthy performance he said!

this would explain why your husband fell for it ... :lol::lol:

i would goto the library and get all kinds of books about eating raw vegan diets ... maybe some brochures ... have him unpack that box ...
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    DS1119 wrote:
    Tell him you're pregnant but you're not sure who the father is. :corn:

Crossed my mind, but I think it might backfire. I briefly thought about getting my daughter to talk about "mommy's friend Dave." But again, that may cause actual problems...
    Jason P wrote:
    Snakes in a can ... but use real snakes for a twist.
    :think:

This is interesting.... I can handle snakes. We have some whoppers around us too! Hmmm... I'm thinking he may need to do some touch up painting soon...
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    Drink 3 bottles of wine each night and take up celibacy. Join a convent and give up 3 bottles of wine a night :?:
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    A co worker just suggested that when I decorate my home office, I should put up posters of a bunch of bikini wearing, car washing hotties. :D