Telling your kids Santa is real = Liar and suspect for Fraud

PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Apparently, in my town, according to a detective, if you tell your kids Santa is real, you are a liar and suspected to be committing insurance fraud.

One of my parents' car was stolen right out of their driveway in broad daylight (small town in between 2 medium sized cities). It had been parked there for awhile (kind of saving it for my son for his first car later this year) and someone came around out of the blue a couple months ago asking if it was for sale. It is registered/insured etc. The local detective called my whole family in and basically accused my mother of trying to commit insurance fraud. This car is a 2001 Chevy Cavalier in "fair" condition. I went down to station, talked with him Sunday and he asked me a bunch of questions which in hind sight made sense about him thinking my mother is trying to "cash in a $1000 - at best vehicle"....lol

anyways, my father was pissed at how my mother was being treated in this and called his lawyer who said to threaten to talk to supervisor and possible suite for something....Detectives response: " only guilty person would call their lawyer"........lmao

TLDR:
Car stolen from parents driveway, mom told us Santa is real deeming her a liar, car found in city next to us burned (he told me they found it in our town with their fancy new cameras), Father contacted lawyer (which further proved "our guilt"), detective off the case.

Note: this cop was suspended last year for attending a party and driving an underage girl to buy alcohol
If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    guy sounds like a real whack job

all this interrogation just to file a stolen vehicle report??
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they really should screen cops better. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ow..thats crazy!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Who watches the watchmen ? :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    yeah...Im glad i didnt know about his "interview" with my mom until after I went in. He calls me sunday afternoon to discuss case, I tell him I cant make it in right now...on my way to picnic with family...he lets me know he is on until 11:30pm if I want to stop in after :roll: ...then I said I will be be right down if it wont take too long. (3 minute drive to station, tell him Ill be there before he even hangs up phone he said great, shouldnt take more than 20 minutes) I get there and the place is empty but still makes me wait in lobby like 10 minutes. I thought it was to see if I know who could of taken it...basic questions as I told him over the phone my mother just called and said a car was stolen and that's all I knew. I get down there and he mentions I have no outstanding warrants, about alcoholism/drug abuse in the family....I'm like uhhhhh wtf? Asks If my son stole the car, I said no way and how could I be so sure he didn't? uhhhhhh he was in school Kojak.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    yeah...Im glad i didnt know about his "interview" with my mom until after I went in. He calls me sunday afternoon to discuss case, I tell him I cant make it in right now...on my way to picnic with family...he lets me know he is on until 11:30pm if I want to stop in after :roll: ...then I said I will be be right down if it wont take too long. (3 minute drive to station, tell him Ill be there before he even hangs up phone he said great, shouldnt take more than 20 minutes) I get there and the place is empty but still makes me wait in lobby like 10 minutes. I thought it was to see if I know who could of taken it...basic questions as I told him over the phone my mother just called and said a car was stolen and that's all I knew. I get down there and he mentions I have no outstanding warrants, about alcoholism/drug abuse in the family....I'm like uhhhhh wtf? Asks If my son stole the car, I said no way and how could I be so sure he didn't? uhhhhhh he was in school Kojak.

put a report in with his boss...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Just keep respecting his authoritah and you'll be fine.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Update:
    LOL... I was told in my "interview" they found the car with clear pictures of the plate and several shots of the car itself with their fancy new mounted cameras which can even see the driver...I said "sweet,that makes finding cars alot easier eh and asked where they found it.....he said in town". In real life, the car was found burning in the city next to us. Guess he was trying to make my mother into a liar or something and scare her by saying she had until today to "come clean" or its a felony fraud ( which is the only concern this guy had)

Anyhow, My father is pretty pissed at the way it is being handled and calls the station today and tells the dick...er sorry detective, he wants answers about the car stolen from his property and is getting his lawyer involved. He was told " Innocent people don't need lawyers help"....WTF?!?!?!?! :fp:
    My father immediately asked to talk to chief, did, and this 'professional detective' was taken off the case.