Instagram

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
This seriously needs to go away.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 0omeadowo00omeadowo0 Posts: 57
    wtf is Instagram??
    i keep on hearing people talking about it, too lazy to google it or just dont care i guess lol
    "And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was given to fly..."

"We are all determined by our gene pool...obviously, somebody peed in yours"-Walter Bishop
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Posts: 2,762
    What's your problem with it?

I'm not an Instagram ambassador or anything, just curious as to why you need it to go away so bad...
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Instagram..not as good as Boobstagram.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I've used it a handful of times taking photos of my dogs....and got a really cool shot of my bf that looks kinda vintage....but I usually forget I even have it and just take normal photos.

What is your issue with it?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I could not agree more! Instagram is horrible.

It's fun to add filters to your photo, but folks, we didn't come this far in technology to have every photo look like it was developed at Eckerds 30+ years ago.

If I see one more person take an instagram photo of their newborn child in the hospital, or an instagram pic of a friend with a celebrity, I'm gonna start punching people.

1432375_700b.jpg
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    what is wrong with it?
    i have been thinking about downloading it to my phone for pix
    how bad could it be?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    And Suckerberg paid $1B for it a few weeks ago
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I use it all the time. Not everybody adds the filters to their shots. I really enjoy the app.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I'm just gonna start recording all my old VHS tapes to disc with fancy packaging and call it Instafilm. They will be older movies preserved with a "vintage" look. I'll be counting my billions in no time.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    I use it all the time. Not everybody adds the filters to their shots. I really enjoy the app.

So many people do use the filters, though, which is incredibly annoying. Why take a shot with an app that doesn't take a high quality photo and then add a filter to it that can't be removed?

We've come so far in technology so that we can take high quality photos that can then be edited LATER.

:fp:
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    I personally I have never used the app to take my pictures. I don't like using any photography apps that don't give you just the regular shot to be saved to my camera roll. I'll do any editing or filters afterwards so I still have an original. But that's just how I do it. I just enjoy taking pictures and looking at other peoples as well, so therefor I enjoy Instagram.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    drivingrl wrote:

So many people do use the filters, though, which is incredibly annoying. Why take a shot with an app that doesn't take a high quality photo and then add a filter to it that can't be removed?

We've come so far in technology so that we can take high quality photos that can then be edited LATER.

I agree! The square filtered shots that people have been posting on facebook more and more recently is annoying. It's like they are trying too hard to be "artsy" or something..Let's just see a regular high quality photo lol
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    I guess it just depends on who you follow on the app, I just scrolled through 25 or so pics of my friends and only about 3 of them had filters applied to them.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    So sick of scrolling down my FB posts to see EVERY damn picture rusty....er "filtered".

I mean, you really are quite the photog with your 7 megapixel camera phone. :roll:

I have a friend who took a picture, uploaded it FB...realizing it was too much like the natural occurrence to which he saw and experienced, 10 minutes later, the same picture was posted via Instagram and its "amazing" filtered effects.
    Dumb.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    You all sound like photography elitists to me. Maybe people don't give a shit about editing later or if their photo was taken with a measly 7 megapixel camera phone. Maybe people just want to use it because it's fun and different instead of having every single photo (out of thousands and thousands of photos) look the same? Most people have no idea how to add an effect via another program. An app like that has opened up an entirely new world to them...filters, borders etc. I think that's a great thing.

I have a lot of friends on Facebook who use it and as I said above, I have used it myself....and I don't think any of us are trying to portray that we are fantastic "artsy" photographers....we're just taking a photo and putting an effect on it because it looks kinda cool.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    i have it, but rarely use it :|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Maybe people just want to use it because it's fun and different

boom!

what's the issue here?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    You all sound like photography elitists to me. Maybe people don't give a shit about editing later or if their photo was taken with a measly 7 megapixel camera phone. Maybe people just want to use it because it's fun and different instead of having every single photo (out of thousands and thousands of photos) look the same? Most people have no idea how to add an effect via another program. An app like that has opened up an entirely new world to them...filters, borders etc. I think that's a great thing.

I have a lot of friends on Facebook who use it and as I said above, I have used it myself....and I don't think any of us are trying to portray that we are fantastic "artsy" photographers....we're just taking a photo and putting an effect on it because it looks kinda cool.

I only judge when people use Instagram and add those filters for important life moments. As an example, THIS moment is NOT an appropriate moment for Instagram:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/photos/62583/behind-the-scenes/105703

Next!"
    i'm sure no one things they are a photographic arteeest with instagram
    just having a bit of fun
    or just plain old bored like i get and then just playing with the phone
    really...those things don't bother me in the least
    not enough time in my life to worry about photos and such
    everyone has their fun
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My 8MP camera phone takes shitty pics. (so I've never had any interest in Instagram) If I want to post something to FB, I'll take a pic with my phone so I don't have to fuck with the download from the camera to comp then download to FB. The really awesome pics in my FB were taken with my camera.

Other than that, I would much rather take pics with my camera where I can adjust the settings to take 'high action pics without flash' or whatever.

If I want 'old' looking photos, I will find a program that will edit my photos afterwards, I want to keep an original as the way I took it. Anyway, since FB bought Instagram, I don't know what kind of 'spying' the program will do if I download it, FB is already way too creepy with all of its spying and stuff.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    my phone has a 10MP camera but it still takes lousy close ups...scenery its great
    either than or i don't know how to use it
    and i still haven't even bothered to dl instagram
    my regular camera has software that allows you to upload pix directly to fb, twitter and other sites
    i haven't tried that yet either :lol:
    peace,
    jo

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    afroannnie wrote:

Fact.

Boobstagram rules all.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    dcfaithful wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Fact.

Boobstagram rules all.

:thumbup:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Maybe I am oblivious because I have never heard of instagram. :? I am now downloading it as I type...though I wonder if I should. It sounds pretty interesting, but there a lot of hating going on here :lol:
    Maybe I am oblivious because I have never heard of instagram. :? I am now downloading it as I type...though I wonder if I should. It sounds pretty interesting, but there a lot of hating going on here :lol:
    It's a giant waste of time.
    Maybe I am oblivious because I have never heard of instagram. :? I am now downloading it as I type...though I wonder if I should. It sounds pretty interesting, but there a lot of hating going on here :lol:
    And all of your Facebook friends will hate you if you start posting those rusty pictures! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i get the taking pics for fun...i mean, it's not like it costs a dime to take a picutre anymore, where as in the past, you had to think about if something was film worthy due to the cost involved.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    I use Instagram quite a lot and I really enjoy it, although I don't usually take photos with it. I take photos with the normal camera on my phone and then post them onto Instagram, sometimes with filters if I like the way they look, sometimes without. That way, I still have the original and the posted one on my phone. I don't really get why people bash it, I just see it as a fun way of sharing photos with people.

Here's one I posted after Manchester 1 :Dhttp://instagram.com/p/MInC0tgciy/

There are also some bands/singers that I like following. Greg Dulli, John Curley and Dave Rosser from the Afghan Whigs post photos all the time (Dulli takes some really great shots), Joseph Arthur and of course Pearl Jam Official are worth following too. Unfortunately Michael Stipe stopped using it when Zuckerberg bought it.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    whats that,i saw it in facebook i think..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ha. Oops. I'm sure I'll tire of it.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.