Has anyone ever attended art or acting school?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Has anyone here ever attended an art school? acting school? writing school?

Art is something im interested in. Im still very much a beginning artist, and like to write, draw, paint etc... Im interested in art schools, of all types, but from my searches online, it seems like most if not all that ive looked at, online, require the applicant, to submit their artwork or pieces or writing to the college as part of the application process.

As a beginner, obviously this is scary to me, but also its sort of wierd in my view because I want to go to an art school to be taught and learn about art and writing and all that. I guess im sort of straddling the line continually between knowing i can write, and draw and paint, but that i just started becoming interested in art about 2 years ago, and that it feels like these schools want actual artists, established artists, or if not established artists, artists who have been training and painting for 5 plus years. And I dont like that feeling. I want to learn and study the craft, thats why im interested in going specifically for art school. It seems like they want someone who is already established.

For instance Cal Arts requires a portfolio to be submitted among many other things. and massachusettes college of art and design requires you to submit 15-20 pieces among other things.

If i had my druthers, i'd attend an art school.