Bob%2BDylan11.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Happy 71st, Zimmy!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Happy Birthday, Mr. Dylan!!

Forever Young!

Literally looked thru the first page to see if DS had a B-day thread for Dylan. I was going to ask for one when I got caught up in the - Thumbs Up thread, which in turn lead me to the - What are you doing for sex tonight thread. Back to the main page a BAM, here it is :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Happy Birthday Bob! The greatest lyricist music has and will ever have. Thank for all the wonderful music and poetic lyrics you have given us for 50 years.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That means Pearl Jam Boston I 2006 was 6 years ago today
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Happy birthday, Bob Dylan!

"Oh, hear this Robert Zimmerman
    I wrote a song for you
    About a strange young man
    called Dylan
    With a voice like sand and glue
    His words of truthful vengeance
    They could pin us to the floor
    Brought a few more people on
    And put the fear in a whole lot more"
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID Posts: 895
    happy b-day Bob!!!!!!
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Oh Happy Birthday... 71... Wow! 8-)

looking good, sounding better!

so glad I've known your music a lifetime :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Birthday bump just because he's awesome.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Happy Birthday Mr. Zimmerman! Thank you for all the amazing lyrics! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    The man! Happy birthday.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Happy Birthday to the master of song and lyric!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Happy Birthday Bob!!!

I'm sure he'll see this, has to be a member, right?
    #FHP
  • BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Happy 71st Mr.Dylan!!!!! 8-)
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    Just watched the Foo Fighters on Storytellers last night.

He was introducing a song he said that almost didn't make it onto the record, they thought they were done, the record was done and they demoed one more song. He said it was because of this song that they probably stayed together for as long as they did because of the harmonies and musical direction they could go in.

Dave was reminiscing about the time they were opening for Bob Dylan. One of the stagehands went up to Dave and said, "hey, uh, Bob wants to talk to you." Dave said, "Bob who?" "Bob Dylan." :lol: "He's right over there."

He went around a corner and sees Bob wearing a leather jacket, black hoodie, leather pants and is standing in the dark against a wall. Bob tells Dave he's really digging their stuff and says, "that one song where you go, 'the only thing I'd ask of you is to promise... Yeah, you gotta show me how to play that one."

Dave, "I just thought: You know what? I'm done."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8ZGiy42hc

:mrgreen:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    voidofman wrote:
    Just watched the Foo Fighters on Storytellers last night.

He was introducing a song he said that almost didn't make it onto the record, they thought they were done, the record was done and they demoed one more song. He said it was because of this song that they probably stayed together for as long as they did because of the harmonies and musical direction they could go in.

Dave was reminiscing about the time they were opening for Bob Dylan. One of the stagehands went up to Dave and said, "hey, uh, Bob wants to talk to you." Dave said, "Bob who?" "Bob Dylan." :lol: "He's right over there."

He went around a corner and sees Bob wearing a leather jacket, black hoodie, leather pants and is standing in the dark against a wall. Bob tells Dave he's really digging their stuff and says, "that one song where you go, 'the only thing I'd ask of you is to promise... Yeah, you gotta show me how to play that one."

Dave, "I just thought: You know what? I'm done."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8ZGiy42hc

:mrgreen:
    :lol: I love that story! The first time I watched that I couldn't stop laughing. He is right; if Bob Dylan wants to cover your song, you've done it all.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful