Michigan Worker Fired After Turning In Gun Found On The Job

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Sometimes it doesn't pay to do the right thing. Just ask John Chevilott, a former public-works employee in Wayne County, Mich., who earlier this month found a loaded, snubnosed revolver while mowing grass in Detroit's Brightmoor neighborhood, turned it in and was promptly fired.

"It was damaged, so it could've went off. Surprisingly, it didn't kill the guy on the mower," he told Detroit TV station WJBK. Chevilott (pictured at left) said the crew was waiting for Detroit police to swing by and pick up the gun, but they never showed.
So the veteran employee of the Department of Public Services did what he thought was the right thing: Finished the job and then turned the gun into police later the same evening

This one deserves a BIG Come On MAN!

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I bet if he had taken the gun and used it to commit a crime he would have been suspended with pay.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I bet if he had taken the gun and used it to commit a crime he would have been suspended with pay.
    And had the cash from the crime...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    At least he's got a union fighting for him.

Unless there is more the the story, that is fucking stupid.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    You mean to tell me there is a patch of grass to mow in Detroit??
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Unless there is more the the story, that is fucking stupid.

yeah, i must be missing something, because that makes zero sense. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,876
    edited May 2012
    g under p wrote:
    Sometimes it doesn't pay to do the right thing. Just ask John Chevilott, a former public-works employee in Wayne County, Mich., who earlier this month found a loaded, snubnosed revolver while mowing grass in Detroit's Brightmoor neighborhood, turned it in and was promptly fired.

"It was damaged, so it could've went off. Surprisingly, it didn't kill the guy on the mower," he told Detroit TV station WJBK. Chevilott (pictured at left) said the crew was waiting for Detroit police to swing by and pick up the gun, but they never showed.
    So the veteran employee of the Department of Public Services did what he thought was the right thing: Finished the job and then turned the gun into police later the same eveningThis one deserves a BIG Come On MAN!
    Peace

So lemme get this straight.

City worker, ACTUALLY DOING HIS JOB, finds a loaded weapon. Calls cops. They take a long time to arrive. City worker trying to do the right thing , and I assume go back to work instead of fuck off til cops arrive, STILL does right thing and gets weapon off the street and gives it over to the proper authorities, gets fired?

Hmmm, maybe the folks running Detroit are the same folks who run big business/wall street.

only in America
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    There has to be more to the story.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    You mean to tell me there is a patch of grass to mow in Detroit??

:lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this story makes no sense. :crazy:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    this story makes no sense. :crazy:
    welcome to the states, catester
    welcome to the states

it is a complete cluster fuck of legal bunk ass bullshit mixed w/ a combination of other idiotic crap 13 feet thick...at least
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce