If I had my life to live over.

stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
There was a mindfulness event at work today.We were given a poem that was written by a lady called Nadine Stair,she was 85 when she wrote it.I thought it was great.

If I Had My Life To Live Over

I'd dare to make more mistakes next time
I'd relax,I would limber up
I would be sillier than I have been this trip
I would take fewer things seriously
I would take more chances

I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers
I would eat more ice cream and less beans
I would perhaps have more actual troubles but I'd have fewer imaginary ones

You see,I am one of those people who has lived sensibly and sanely hour after hour,day after day

Oh, I've had my moments and if I had it to do over again I'd have more of them
In fact,I'd try to have nothing else.Just moments,one after another,instead of living so many years ahead of each day

I've been one of these people who never goes anywhere without a thermometer,a hot water bottle,a raincoat and a parachute.If I had to do it again I would travel lighter than I have

If I had my life to live over I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
I would go to more dances,I would ride more merry-go-rounds,I would pick more daisies

“There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I love my life. I regret nothing... Even the heart attack has made my life better...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    'The wisdom that the old can't give away'

I think its far too often these lessons are only learned when it is too late.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,877

I think for most of us , we wouldnt or couldn't learn it any other way.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mickeyrat wrote:

I think for most of us , we wouldnt or couldn't learn it any other way.
    the nature of the beast ...

I think I will wait til I am on the other side to say what I wished I had done differently
    having the big picture of all whom I have hurt and helped
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    ...what's wrong with beans?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I love my life. I regret nothing... Even the heart attack has made my life better...

bfa3b736.gif
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,104
    i don't have any regrets.

maybe i could have gone about a few things in a different way, maybe a better way, or a less emotional or less reactive way, but hell, life is a "choose your own adventure" book. sometimes you make a good choice and everything is roses and other times you make a poor choice but you recover and learn from it. and hopefully when it is all said and done you end up where you wanted to be...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    rollings wrote:

bfa3b736.gif
    WTH??!!!
    :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I have two little boys that are the world to me, in no way would I ever look back and change anything that brought them to me.

Going forward I hope to teach them to live with confidence in all they do and most of all be happy. Life is too short to waste time on anger or things you can't change.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Even though parts of my life have been awful, I wouldn't trade it. I mean That's Life!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    i don't have any regrets.

maybe i could have gone about a few things in a different way, maybe a better way, or a less emotional or less reactive way, but hell, life is a "choose your own adventure" book. sometimes you make a good choice and everything is roses and other times you make a poor choice but you recover and learn from it. and hopefully when it is all said and done you end up where you wanted to be...

Very well said. 8-)
    ELITIST FUK
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    What a great poem!

I think I would change a few things, but it's always the quandary of if I changed it then I wouldn't be who I am today.

Maybe I should have slept around a bit more :think:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Claireack wrote:
    What a great poem!

I think I would change a few things, but it's always the quandary of if I changed it then I wouldn't be who I am today.

Absolutely :lol:

I wouldn't change I would learn the joy of bare feet and drunken sex sooner,but not necessarily at the same time :lol:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    What a great poem!

I wouldn't change I would learn the joy of bare feet and drunken sex sooner,but not necessarily at the same time :lol:

You wear socks during sex? I thought it was only the men who did that? ;)
    Claireack wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    What a great poem!

You wear socks during sex? I thought it was only the men who did that? ;)

:lol: Maybe :shifty: when done in a hurry ;)

As long as it's not tights - otherwise your toes curl.
    Claireack wrote:

As long as it's not tights - otherwise your toes curl.

The very reason I gave up wearing tights :lol: