81 wrote:
    that's not the sonics :fp:

they were the sonics :)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    that's not the sonics :fp:

they were the sonics :)

thunder are are basically an expansion franchise. seattle still owns the sonics, they just don't have a squad to put on the court. sort of like the browns and ravens.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    If I was a Sonics fan and they won it all, I would celebrate by burning down a Starbucks or two.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I don't watch basketball anymore...there are no Sonics.

I couldn't give a s#it if some team in Oklahoma wins or not.

Apparently some guy made up these shirts:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCRutfJAoXEYFGCu7Y7IkFl7ZoM7A5roGAMVygJKa-Dr2yAhD35w

and he had to take the pic off the internet because he was getting death threats.

Seattle is very possessive of our beloved Sonics...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I don't watch basketball anymore...there are no Sonics.

I couldn't give a s#it if some team in Oklahoma wins or not.

Apparently some guy made up these shirts:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCRutfJAoXEYFGCu7Y7IkFl7ZoM7A5roGAMVygJKa-Dr2yAhD35w

and he had to take the pic off the internet because he was getting death threats.

Seattle is very possessive of our beloved Sonics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q90VmGGzxTY

ototo.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    :?

F the Thunder. Viva la Sonics.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,670
    The good news is, if Seattle lands an NBA team, they will likely be at the top of the list for an NHL team as well.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The good news is, if Seattle lands an NBA team, they will likely be at the top of the list for an NHL team as well.

that Chris Hansen guy is really pushing hard for a new arena. Last I heard, he has the funding he needs, he just needs the city to approve an area where he can build it.

If we got an NHL team, I'd probably start watching that too...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Jason P wrote:
    If I was a Sonics fan and they won it all, I would celebrate by burning down a Starbucks or two.

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    last night, westbrook's attempted at a dunk fell short when he was rejected by the rim.

van gundy said, "that looked like he was stuffed by casper the friendly ghost"

:lol:
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Fuck the Thunder.

Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the only place the 2012 sonics exist is on an dusty book shelf someplace. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Fuck the Thunder.

there were 2 sonics fans in the crowd last night going crazy after each heat bucket. you sonics fans really hate the thunder.

play_g_sonicsfan_576.jpg
    the Kings were just sold. is seattle getting their team back?
    I could not be more excited. Please let this be true.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    I could not be more excited. Please let this be true.

i hope this happens. seattle deserves to get their sonics back
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,670
    Im glad seattle is getting a team back

but it sucks ass it is at the expense of another city. The heart break is just shifted
    logo-seattlesupersonics.jpg
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im glad seattle is getting a team back

but it sucks ass it is at the expense of another city. The heart break is just shifted

It's what Howie did to Seattle with the Sonics and selling them off to OKC-though Chris only owns 65% or something?

Not that it's cool to make one city suffer while another gets benefited.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I will be real surprised if David Stern approves this deal, I think he is going to do everything in his power to make this hard on the Maloofs.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

FUQ NBA COMMISSIONER! Denying us a team!?!?!? What do you have against Seattle?!?!? :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    RKCNDY wrote:

FUQ NBA COMMISSIONER! Denying us a team!?!?!? What do you have against Seattle?!?!? :evil:
    Bummer. Stern is an asshat. Not enough palms must have been greased by the Seattle group.

Remember this anger whenever you think about going into a Starbucks.
    Jason P wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Bummer. Stern is an asshat. Not enough palms must have been greased by the Seattle group.

Remember this anger whenever you think about going into a Starbucks.

What's a Starbucks? ;)

CAFE LADRO ROCK ON!

- Christopher McCandless