Awkward home repair service moments

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Today I had to have a technician come to fix my oil burner, as it wasn't turning on. The guy gets here and starts his work. I'm watching him so I know what to do in the event this happens again. I thought I was being nice and offering to do a favor when I asked for his cell phone number...I asked so if I need burner service again, I could call him directly and he can make money, instead of the company taking their percentage. I don't think the technician got that. I think he thought I was hitting on him. So it became awkwardly silent while he waited to make sure the burner was running ok. Great...now when I call for oil deliveries they're gonna say "Oh it's her..." :lol:

Anyone else have entertaining/awkward stories to share?
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited May 2012
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Today I had to have a technician come to fix my oil burner, as it wasn't turning on. The guy gets here and starts his work. I'm watching him so I know what to do in the event this happens again. I thought I was being nice and offering to do a favor when I asked for his cell phone number...I asked so if I need burner service again, I could call him directly and he can make money, instead of the company taking their percentage. I don't think the technician got that. I think he thought I was hitting on him. So it became awkwardly silent while he waited to make sure the burner was running ok. Great...now when I call for oil deliveries they're gonna say "Oh it's her..." :lol:

If he did take it as you coming on to him, maybe you gave him a confidence boost for the day?

Did you get his number? I'd be tempted to send him a text that goes something like this: "The oil burner is hot and working, as am I...."

:lol: :?

I do have a funny one:

When I moved into my first apartment outside of living in my parents house (I was like 18 I think), I got a new, cheap washer and dryer set. The guys came and delivered it and installed it all for me, and being so excited about my new place I was really determined to be a nice customer and shoot the shit with these guys. I didn't have hardly anything to offer but apple juice or water. I offered some juice and one guy kindly refused, saying he wasn't allowed or something and I basically pressured him into drinking some damn juice in my house. We sat there drinking cups of apple juice during what I can recall as being the most awkward 60 seconds ever.

:lol:
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    dcfaithful wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

If he did take it as you coming on to him, maybe you gave him a confidence boost for the day?

Did you get his number? I'd be tempted to send him a text that goes something like this: "The oil burner is hot and working, as am I...."

:lol: :?

I do have a funny one:

When I moved into my first apartment outside of living in my parents house (I was like 18 I think), I got a new, cheap washer and dryer set. The guys came and delivered it and installed it all for me, and being so excited about my new place I was really determined to be a nice customer and shoot the shit with these guys. I didn't have hardly anything to offer but apple juice or water. I offered some juice and one guy kindly refused, saying he wasn't allowed or something and I basically pressured him into drinking some damn juice in my house. We sat there drinking cups of apple juice during what I can recall as being the most awkward 60 seconds ever.

"The oil burner is hot and working, as am I...." :lol::lol::lol: OMG that cracked me up! "I think I may need some servicing. Bring your tools."

That's too funny with your story! Would have been better if they were apple juice boxes! I hope when you sipped your apple juice, you flew the pinky high!
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    That's too funny with your story! Would have been better if they were apple juice boxes! I hope when you sipped your apple juice, you flew the pinky high!

I would've bowed to the guy if he would've pulled a Pulp Fiction and been like "Damn, that's some real gourmet shit!" :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

I would've bowed to the guy if he would've pulled a Pulp Fiction and been like "Damn, that's some real gourmet shit!" :lol:

shit, that's all you had to say negro
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG! I think I would have pee'd the apple juice right out if he did that.
    I just thought of an awesome idea though. Next service repairman that comes to my house to fix whatever, I'm gonna get him. My dog always barks and growls whenever a stranger comes into the house. She'll approach them, but all she does is sniff and then she'll walk away. But people are weary when they hear her and then see her approach. I always say "She won't bite, you can just walk past her." Well next time I'm gonna run up and be like "WATCH OUT! SHE GOT OUT, SHE BITES! RUN! RUN!" and record their reaction :lol: YouTube! Or Ridiculousness....or Tosh.0....or Prank'd.....it will end up on one of those things.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I had a guy come out to fix my washer.
    Dude comes over, comes inside and he asks me if he should take his shoes off. I am a shoes off at the door kinda person, but for a repair dude, I figure he can keep 'em on.
    I'm like "Nah, don't worry..." look down and notice his boots are covered in all kinds of dirt and grease and all kinds of stuff. I stopped mid-sentence, look up at him and say "Maybe you should take them off huh?"
    He takes them off and we head to where the washer is. I'm explaining to him what's wrong when I smell the most horrific foot smell in the history of horrific foot smells! Think rotten cheese that's been soaking in vinegar! :shock: :sick: I said "Holy shit". We looked at eachother for a second and then I asked him if he could put his shoes back on. :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    I had a guy come out to fix my washer.
    Dude comes over, comes inside and he asks me if he should take his shoes off. I am a shoes off at the door kinda person, but for a repair dude, I figure he can keep 'em on.
    I'm like "Nah, don't worry..." look down and notice his boots are covered in all kinds of dirt and grease and all kinds of stuff. I stopped mid-sentence, look up at him and say "Maybe you should take them off huh?"
    He takes them off and we head to where the washer is. I'm explaining to him what's wrong when I smell the most horrific foot smell in the history of horrific foot smells! Think rotten cheese that's been soaking in vinegar! :shock: :sick: I said "Holy shit". We looked at eachother for a second and then I asked him if he could put his shoes back on. :lol:
    :lol: That's fantastic!