Buying Beer on Sunday in CT

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Starts this weekend. :mrgreen:

Finally.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll never understand why something is legal today and illegal tommorrow, only to be legal the day after that.

i also don't understand why i can't buy beer at 4am
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    i'll never understand why something is legal today and illegal tommorrow, only to be legal the day after that.

i also don't understand why i can't buy beer at 4am
    I had the pleasure of living in NY at the age of 19 when the changed the legal age to 21... No granfather clause... I was legal for 3 months, then illegal for another 2 years.... Needless to say Dec 31 that year, I stocked up :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I think CT was a Purtian law that was signed in the 18th century.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    It's still going to be expensive because of the 20% increase from last year.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Starts this weekend. :mrgreen:

Finally.

The fact of the matter is unless you live in Middletown, you're never more than 45 minutes from an out of State packy/beer distributor (and just joking about Middletown, even from there you're not too far). When I went to school at UCONN, this was never an issue. But, Congrats!!! Welcome to the 20th Century. Perhaps, soon, you'll join the 21st!

Do you have the inter-web thingy up there yet?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Ha. :lol:

I live in New Britski which is Pretty much in the center of the state. I'm at least 45 -60 minutes from RI, NY and MA.
    Anything is better than Waterbury, although, Waterbury just upgraded itself with Buffalo Wild Wings.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Still can't buy beer before 12 on Sunday here in Texas... And I believe liquor sales are out of the question all day on Sunday, though I've never tried...

Gotta stop people from getting drunk before they go to church.... :o
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Newch91 wrote:
    Anything is better than Waterbury, although, Waterbury just upgraded itself with Buffalo Wild Wings.

Ouch :lol:
    shep wrote:
    Still can't buy beer before 12 on Sunday here in Texas... And I believe liquor sales are out of the question all day on Sunday, though I've never tried...

Gotta stop people from getting drunk before they go to church.... :o
    I think the before 12 on Sunday is also part of it.
    Still not as backwards and messed up as the stupid state of PA and the idiotic liquor laws.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Ouch :lol:
    :lol: That's all I'm going to say about it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Still not as backwards and messed up as the stupid state of PA and the idiotic liquor laws.
    What are they in PA?
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    LloydXmas wrote:

I live in New Britski which is Pretty much in the center of the state. I'm at least 45 -60 minutes from RI, NY and MA.

Oh, yeah!!! Right near Terryville!!! :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What are they in PA?

The dumbest shit ever. Three places to buy beer. A beer distributor, where the smallest amount you can buy is a case and closes around 9 usually, a bottle shop where you can get mix and match 6 packs at very high prices or you can buy 6 packs from bars, also very expensive. That is all, no grocery store, no gas station, no bodega: a distributor or a bar, that is all.

And all liquor is sold in state stores, no privately owned liquor stores in PA.

Idiotic to say the least
    LloydXmas wrote:

Oh, yeah!!! Right near Terryville!!! :lol:
    :lol: Good ol' T-ville. I have family there. That's one of those towns that's still stuck in the early 1900s.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Does this allow the purchase of beer after 8PM now? (I think it's 8)
    You can drink all you want from a restaurant until it closes, but you can't go to the liquor store and buy a 6 pack after 8. Sooooo dumb!

I'm in CT a couple times a year for work, and that 8Pm thing really drives me nuts!
    mca47 wrote:
    You can drink all you want from a restaurant until it closes, but you can't go to the liquor store and buy a 6 pack after 8. Sooooo dumb!

I'm in CT a couple times a year for work, and that 8Pm thing really drives me nuts!
    I think you still can't buy it after 8, which sucks.
  • twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,377
    Ive gotten pretty used to stocking up on Friday/Saturday and am only about 30 mins from RI state line so not being able to buy on Sundays has never been too big of a problem for me.

From what I understand, some Towns have their own laws prohibiting the sale of alcohol on Sundays still, so some Towns will not be in on this. Some are slowly making the changes to their own laws, but one Town is never too far from the next, which will be selling booze.

They changed it to 9p a year or so ago, but its not required. Places are allowed to close at 8p if they want. Most places near me close at 8 on weekdays, 9 on weekends.

A word of advise to Newch:
    Stay the HELL AWAY from Buffalo Wild Wings.
    They finally opened one near me in November.
    I've been back every week since! :oops:
    Add B-Dubs it to the list of addictions :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

It's 9pm now. But only of the owner of the store wants to be open
    Ive gotten pretty used to stocking up on Friday/Saturday and am only about 30 mins from RI state line so not being able to buy on Sundays has never been too big of a problem for me.

From what I understand, some Towns have their own laws prohibiting the sale of alcohol on Sundays still, so some Towns will not be in on this. Some are slowly making the changes to their own laws, but one Town is never too far from the next, which will be selling booze.

They changed it to 9p a year or so ago, but its not required. Places are allowed to close at 8p if they want. Most places near me close at 8 on weekdays, 9 on weekends.

A word of advise to Newch:
    Stay the HELL AWAY from Buffalo Wild Wings.
    They finally opened one near me in November.
    I've been back every week since! :oops:
    Add B-Dubs it to the list of addictions :lol:
    I was there last night and already planning another trip tomorrow and next week. :lol:
    BWW sucks. There are tons of local places in my area that blow them away.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

It's 9pm now. But only of the owner of the store wants to be open
    What about stores like Stop and Shop and Shop Rite?
    Same. Although I've never been to shop rite