USA loses late

bigguybigeyebigguybigeye Posts: 205
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Loving the IIHF tournament. I wish the NHL would use the bigger ice surface. USA out, Canada out, dammit! I really wanted to see the USA/Russia matchup.
1994: ANN ARBOR
2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
2022: HAMILTON

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    8-) Hell yeaaaah.

Damn good game, though! :corn:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • bigguybigeyebigguybigeye Posts: 205
    Too bad Filpulla didn't play like this with the Wings...They still might be playing! He looks a whole lot better with more room to operate. Oh well. Good luck Finland. Russia looks damn good but you have the crowd with you.
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Canada's out? My cousin called me yesterday and was bragging that Canada had set itself up to "walk to the finish line" in the tournament. I can't even find the tournament on TV here in the States. I heard that some network it showing a tape feed of the Canadian coverage, but I don't think we have any real coverage of it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I knew it was going to be over soon when Kazakhstan, number one exporter of potassium, takes you into overtime.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Canada's out? My cousin called me yesterday and was bragging that Canada had set itself up to "walk to the finish line" in the tournament. I can't even find the tournament on TV here in the States. I heard that some network it showing a tape feed of the Canadian coverage, but I don't think we have any real coverage of it.

I've seen some highlights and that's about it. Having this tournament at this time of year is like trying to start a second football league during Super Bowl Week. :lol: Anyone here in the States who is a hockey fan is already consumed with the NHL playoffs.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I wish the NHL would use the bigger ice surface.
    It would open scoring up. But I don't think a lot of the arenas could adapt.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    finns are gonna win ... not really surprised canada lost ...
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Jason P wrote:
    I wish the NHL would use the bigger ice surface.
    It would open scoring up. But I don't think a lot of the arenas could adapt.

I've played on the bigger surface. It's ridiculous but not in a good way. Too much space in my opinion.
  • HoltzmnHoltzmn Posts: 87
    I can't even find the tournament on TV here in the States. I heard that some network it showing a tape feed of the Canadian coverage, but I don't think we have any real coverage of it.

It was on NBC Sports Network, the former VS network. It's the the same network that is showing the NHL playoffs, it's definitely worth finding.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    polaris_x wrote:
    finns are gonna win ... not really surprised canada lost ...

Getzlaf took a stupid penalty which cost canada the game (5 min kneeing), Cam Ward looked shaky through out the tourny
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I watched the game and that was a very tough loss so late in the game but I do really like that wide open style of play. I'd love to see something of that style come to the NHL.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bigger ice=less people=less money for owners

Nhl rink is fine the way it is. Why add another shit idea to the game? It be like having a skills compition to end a game...oh wait.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?