Florida State Guitar

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited May 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Check out what my buddy gave me to tryout on a two month loan:

Photo0602.jpg

Being a big Florida State fan, this is pretty sweet. My friend does not play, so I have a feeling he will probably just give it to me after the two months are up, but who knows.

Right now, I have it plugged into my bass amp, so it sounds like crap, but still pretty cool. Do you think it would help the sound out if I changed out the strings? He's had this guitar for probably three years - he has never played it though.
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Change the strings for sure!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I plan to this weekend. I know it's not going to sound great on a bass amp, but do you think new strings will at least improve the sound?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    LukinFan wrote:
    I plan to this weekend. I know it's not going to sound great on a bass amp, but do you think new strings will at least improve the sound?
    Yeah! The best way anyone can improve their tone is change the strings (something I'm way too lazy at).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    LukinFan wrote:
    Yeah! The best way anyone can improve their tone is change the strings (something I'm way too lazy at).
    Perfect! Thank you!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• gimpy_boy89gimpy_boy89 Posts: 64
    LukinFan wrote:
    I know it's not going to sound great on a bass amp...

Necessity is the mother of invention, man. And after all, McCready played through a Fender Bassman '59 reissue for years (and he still might, I'm not sure) and sounds amazing.
    LukinFan wrote:

Necessity is the mother of invention, man. And after all, McCready played through a Fender Bassman '59 reissue for years (and he still might, I'm not sure) and sounds amazing.
    Wow - I did not know that. thank you. I plan on buying a regular guitar amp at some point, just don't have the funds right now to do it. Glad to hear that a bass amp will work out too.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited May 2012
    LukinFan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Wow - I did not know that. thank you. I plan on buying a regular guitar amp at some point, just don't have the funds right now to do it. Glad to hear that a bass amp will work out too.

Yep, and Jim Marshall leaned pretty heavy on the Fender Bassman when designing some early Marshall amps.

You should be able to get a passable tone depending on the quality of the amp, but a guitar amp of similar quality could leave you with the same opinion.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Necessity is the mother of invention, man. And after all, McCready played through a Fender Bassman '59 reissue for years (and he still might, I'm not sure) and sounds amazing.[/quote]
    Wow - I did not know that. thank you. I plan on buying a regular guitar amp at some point, just don't have the funds right now to do it. Glad to hear that a bass amp will work out too.[/quote]

Yep, and Jim Marshall leaned pretty heavy on the Fender Bassman when designing some early Marshall amps.[/quote]

Leaned heavy/ copy direct... eh same difference...

Solid State Bass amp, sounds like you need to roll back the tone knob and play some jazz chords.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/