NATO Summit

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
just thinking....

maybe it would be a good weekedn for a roadtrip.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    just thinking....

Probably a good idea.

Have to go downtown for dinner Friday night for my fiance's friends bday or some nonsense. Not looking forward to that.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    just thinking....

Probably a good idea.

Have to go downtown for dinner Friday night for my fiance's friends bday or some nonsense. Not looking forward to that.

friday doesn't seem like it will be too bad. sunday and monday are going to be a mess. the woman is getting monday off paid. the people in her office that are required to go in are getting paid time and half.

hopefully they don't fuck shit up too bad, but it could get ugly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    friday doesn't seem like it will be too bad. sunday and monday are going to be a mess. the woman is getting monday off paid. the people in her office that are required to go in are getting paid time and half.

hopefully they don't fuck shit up too bad, but it could get ugly.

Yeah, we'll just take the el downtown, but we'll have to keep an eye out for all those protesting hippies.

A couple of my friends that work in the loop are being forced to either work from home or not come in at all Friday and Monday.
    is there anything cool to do in Iowa?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

there's cows.... ;)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

there's cows.... ;)

Field of Dreams baseball field.....that'll be fun for what, 30 seconds.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

there's cows.... ;)

Field of Dreams baseball field.....that'll be fun for what, 30 seconds.

yep, 30 seconds is about right.

there is also corn in iowa...big surprise, i know... :lol:
    I lost a bet...
    so cows, corn and a big movie prop....

sounds brilliant
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

head down to chad's place!
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

BRILLIANT idea. :!:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4734269999154776&id=d63a02bbec65a5cd520fef26d5d953ab
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

BRILLIANT idea. :!:

When he comes back he will only able to talk in iambic pentameter :lol:

I kid Mr Chadwick :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    What's the agenda for this thing? Kicking Greece out? Iran/oil prices? Fixing the Cubs anemic offense?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    What's the agenda for this thing?

traffic jams
    riots
    headaches
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    What's the agenda for this thing? Kicking Greece out? Iran/oil prices? Fixing the Cubs anemic offense?

A bunch of jobless assholes protesting and making things difficult for those that actually work and pay taxes.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    81 wrote:
    What's the agenda for this thing?

traffic jams
    riots
    headaches
    Those heads of state need their space 81! They cant be bothered by everyday Chicagoans. Sounds like the amazing DNC we hosted back in 04 where they shut down 93. Enjoy!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527

A bunch of jobless assholes protesting and making things difficult for those that actually work and pay taxes.

That is a bold statement. I guarantee there's a a variety of people who believe in what they are protesting and will participate.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    Stardog3.. wrote:

That is a bold statement. I guarantee there's a a variety of people who believe in what they are protesting and will participate.
    The majority of protesters won't have a clue why they are protesting. Did you see the major white trash in Bridgeport last night protesting police abuse? 75% of them had a bandana around their face so they could riot on a drop of a hat if they wanted. If your gonna be a pain in the ass at least know why, and don't hide your face.....
    The majority of protesters won't have a clue why they are protesting. Did you see the major white trash in Bridgeport last night protesting police abuse? 75% of them had a bandana around their face so they could riot on a drop of a hat if they wanted. If your gonna be a pain in the ass at least know why, and don't hide your face.....

Yeah I saw those pictures from Bridgeport last night...surprised that didn't turn into a huge mess.
    the people that know what they are proteting and doing it the right way....will not be a problem.

it'll be the idiots that head down looking for trouble.

go review the vancouver riots
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I just think classifying all the protestors as "jobless assholes" is bullshit.

How do you know what the make-up of all the protestors are? You went down and performed a data analysis? you made assumptions from some pictures or T.V. reports or what you may have seen from driving by.

I'm all about peaceful protest but comments like this just make you a contributor to the problem and as big of an asshole as anybody.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A good majority of protestors usually have zero idea what they are protesting.

protesting_small.jpg
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    I just think classifying all the protestors as "jobless assholes" is bullshit.

How do you know what the make-up of all the protestors are? You went down and performed a data analysis? you made assumptions from some pictures or T.V. reports or what you may have seen from driving by.

I'm all about peaceful protest but comments like this just make you a contributor to the problem and as big of an asshole as anybody.

So I'm an asshole for having an opinion? I don't mind peaceful protests, but situations like the one this weekend in Chicago always seem to turn into more harm than good. And it will be directly impacting me, so yes, I'm not too happy about it.
    :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    This woman around 1:15 really seems to understand what its all about!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=8663271

And they wonder why people think they are all fuck heads..... :roll:

where is neily at....he needs to come pick up his friends.
    Occupy protesters from New York wake up across the street from the Woodlawn Mental Health Clinic this morning. (E. Jason Wambsgans, Chicago Tribune / May 18, 2012)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Praying that the Kennedy won't be closed this afternoon on my drive back home to the city. There will be intermittent closures between o'hare and downtown this weekend. That is going to cause a fucking disaster. I may just avoid the highway completely....I think I would have a complete meltdown if I got caught in that.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    does this mean i have to put a towel on when i get out of the shower now?

US drone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzrS0BVJ ... ture=share
    Praying that the Kennedy won't be closed this afternoon on my drive back home to the city. There will be intermittent closures between o'hare and downtown this weekend. That is going to cause a fucking disaster. I may just avoid the highway completely....I think I would have a complete meltdown if I got caught in that.

you take 94? might be worth getting off before you get to 90....but then you'll have to deal with surface streets. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

you are fucked either way.

why are they even having it here? isn't this why we have DC?

it would suck to be a small business downtown. the woman's office is closing, resulting in lost reveunue all weekend, plus they are paying the staff for monday when the office is closed.

and why aren't they using a helicopter to shuttle these people from ohare to downtown vs making life miserable for everyone else.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rival. wrote:
    does this mean i have to put a towel on when i get out of the shower now?

US drone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzrS0BVJ ... ture=share

i can't see it? cliff notes? they have drones flying around now?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg