satan's bed/rats quality....

ivegotabrokenfaceivegotabrokenface Posts: 78
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
for those who bought the shows or were there, how were these numbers live?... i know they haven't been played forever, so i'm wondering if they were shakey or somewhat tight. i have enough boots in my collection and i don't want anything unessential.... thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    they both kicked some serious ass... Rats was amazing, and satans beds was suprisingly good as well... buy the show it really was great
    peace
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Rats was excellent, perfect version. Satan's Bed was good as well. Does anyone think Ed is getting help with lyrics cause he was pretty much dead one. Is he using some type of video monitor onstage?
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    nailed them both!
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I was there, Ed read the lyrics from his book!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • washmylungswashmylungs Posts: 61
    my2hands wrote:
    nailed them both!

after just now listening to the boot....

the intro to Rats was missed pretty badly, Ed came in way early...nothing awful but to say they nailed it is a bit much

Satan's Bed however was pretty damn tight
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,769
    They were both awesome, ed was reading from a lyric sheet and nailed both songs....wonderful suprises
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    rats was awesome imo.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    got he FLAC boot and was really really impressed.. they sound fucking awesome live
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • rats sounded great.

although satan's bed was rehearsed (ed didnt fuck up the lyrics like at state college), not a fan of how they played it, especially with boom on it. plus, the drumming just is amazing on the album version. im picky though because this is one of my favorites.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    rats sounded great.

although satan's bed was rehearsed (ed didnt fuck up the lyrics like at state college), not a fan of how they played it, especially with boom on it. plus, the drumming just is amazing on the album version. im picky though because this is one of my favorites.

The more I listen to the Albany version of Satan's Bed, the more I am a fan of it. It is just so fucking tight. But if you are a fan of the studio version...how can you not like Boom on it? He playes exactly how it is in the studio version which has an organ on it at that very part...I think Brendan O'Brien played it on the album.
  • e1mariachie1mariachi Posts: 16
    i just got the albany show downloaded... FUCK ME SOUNDS AMAZING. i cannot wait till i hear rats!!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yeah the new boots are great.. even flow and jeremy are better now too with matt harmonizing.. they've never been able to pull off even flow like how it sounds on the album until now
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • after just now listening to the boot....

the intro to Rats was missed pretty badly, Ed came in way early...nothing awful but to say they nailed it is a bit much

Ed actually spit out a mouthful of wine because I guess he thought he was late. Rats has that delayed pause before the vocals, so I can see how it would fuck him up.

But I thought both Satan's Bed & Rats were really tight. I love the State College one just for the fact that they messed up so badly, but they nailed this one.
  • The more I listen to the Albany version of Satan's Bed, the more I am a fan of it. It is just so fucking tight. But if you are a fan of the studio version...how can you not like Boom on it? He playes exactly how it is in the studio version which has an organ on it at that very part...I think Brendan O'Brien played it on the album.

yeah, there is organ/piano of some sort at the end of the studio version. there isnt organ throughout like the way they played it friday, i just dont like it. the drumming sounds tribal or something of the sort at the end of the song on the studio version which i also dig. i just dont like the live version. some songs sound better live than others and im just not a fan of this one live.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Both were tight.