Options

Lost my job today...who's up for drinks?

SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
edited July 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
Yup, it's true. I was part of a group that was let go today, so I am raising a glass (or 4 or 6) to celebrate the end of one chapter of my life and the beginning of a new adventure--whatever that may be. Who's with me?
ELITIST FUK
Post edited by SD48277 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    That's how I did it a year ago... good luck and sorry to hear what happened... I raise a glass to you...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Omg, that sucks. I'm so sorry. At least you're taking a glass half full approach though. I hope you find something you love and roll with it :) and drink!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Omg, that sucks. I'm so sorry. At least you're taking a glass half full approach though. I hope you find something you love and roll with it :) and drink!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I am very sorry. :(

I've lost a job twice before and it sucks. What I did was take a little time and just gather myself before I jumped back out into the real world. Also sign up for unemployment benefits. The first time I didn't do it because in savings I had enough and I didn't want to be a burden on the state. Later I learned that most of the benefits are paid by the employer so the second time I took full advantage of it and used that money to treat myself to a four day vacation in Las Vegas. This is the website.

http://www.labor.state.ny.us/ui/claiman ... Extensions
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'll have a drink with ya!...I was let go on St. Patrick's Day a few years back..
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Thanks. It's all good. I look forward to not getting up at 5:00 am anymore. Except for a few people, I won't miss any of my co-workers (they were such miserable sacks).
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Cheers my friend! Good luck on your new adventure!!

My sister just got laid off today too. She was supposed to go back from maternity leave on thursday, but now she gets to stay home with her baby. She is actually at our cabin in Phoenicia right now. Maybe its a Catskills thing. You should head over and cheers with her. Just off 214. :mrgreen:

...You going to Mountain Jam?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Cheers my friend! Good luck on your new adventure!!

My sister just got laid off today too. She was supposed to go back from maternity leave on thursday, but now she gets to stay home with her baby. She is actually at our cabin in Phoenicia right now. Maybe its a Catskills thing. You should head over and cheers with her. Just off 214. :mrgreen:

...You going to Mountain Jam?

Thank you.
    I wasn't planning on going to Mountain Jam (I was trying to budget for Manchester 1), but maybe I'll start collecting cans and bottles from the side of the road to go to Sunday's shows. :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    sorry for that...ill put a glass of wine and drink to your future..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    sorry for that...ill put a glass of wine and drink to your future..

Thank you, my friend. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Unemployment pays enough for you to be able to survive & get by which is obviously no way to go through life despite what my scumbag governor of PA says, has been quoted as saying people prefer unemployment.

It really really blows and there is probably no real hope in the near future as they keep saying the economy is only getting worse, so do drink up.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Sorry for your loss. Going to the bar tonight and will drink one for you.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Which thread will die and which one will live?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    two threads? did you lose your job twice? or lose two jobs in one day?

either way, sorry, that really sucks. hoping it leads to something better for you
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    two threads? did you lose your job twice? or lose two jobs in one day?

either way, sorry, that really sucks. hoping it leads to something better for you

Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot and hit "submit" twice. Duh.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,960
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you find something better. Good luck!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if i'm not being to nosey...what is your line of work...maybe somebody here might know of an opening
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    if i'm not being to nosey...what is your line of work...maybe somebody here might know of an opening

Not at all...I've been doing data entry work. I may end up going to a temp agency to see if they have anything.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Sorry about this.... good luck to you and hope another better/fantastic opportunity comes your way....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Sorry for your troubles,just been there,but another door will open for you...
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I'll likely be joining you in 2 weeks. Cheers
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:

et tu

everyone around here is getting crapped on. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

et tu

everyone around here is getting crapped on. :fp:

Looks that way. I think I'm gonna go try out at WR for the Browns though since they already have 2 guys smaller than me and neither can play. They could use my 48 inch catch radius ;)
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Aww man sux, don't I know it
    Take a little time off to regroup
    Relax for a minute
    I'll have a beer with ya
    I was let go too a few years back
    used that time to venture into small business
    don't forget to apply for UEI immediately
    every day counts :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so whats next?what job you wanna find?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”