edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Oh darn.
Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    No idea what it is.
    Therefore, i won't miss it.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    bunch of shows cancelled.....House, Missing, Napolean Dynamite, CSI Miami, The River

luckily, all of my clients' shows have been renewed!
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Good :lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I couldn't get thru 15 minutes of that show...good riddance!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    never watched it.

here is the link for those that are confused
    http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/gcb
  • GCB was one of the very few TV shows I bothered to watch and even that I had to watch on Hulu because I don't have cable. It was amusing in that "it's funny to laugh at these people" way.

For those who missed it, it was about a former Texas cheerleader and "popular" girl who was a mean girl, bully and all-around bitch in high school. Then she moved to California, grew up and became a pretty good and balanced mother. After her husband embezzles all of her money and then some, she's forced to move back to the town where she made a LOT of enemies as a teenager. And those enemies all still live in the same town and neighborhood and haven't forgiven or forgotten how mean she was to them growing up.

But the real "star" of the show was really the very exaggerated caricatures of Texan Christians. They're conniving, back-stabbing, self-centered, judgmental and passive-aggressive. They're rude and petty, greedy and snobby. One couple is in a "Texan White Marriage" which is code for "he's gay, she knows and their marriage is one of convenience and not romantic love." If you've ever seen the movie Mean Girls and remember the drunken, stretch pants-wearing "MILF" character, think of a whole TV show built around four of her.

I found it amusing, if not "funny." I grew up in a small farming village in Atlantic Canada but knew many people who were just like that. That said, I could tell that it would start getting old very fast. And it did.

Oh, but the minister was hot. So there was that.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    As a Dallasite, a Christian, and a bitch, that show completely offended me. Good riddance! :evil: :!:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"