The Zombie Run

MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Who is in? You can sign up to be a zombie too. Either fast-moving or a stumbly kind.

http://runforyourlives.com/overview-toronto/

How It Works
Run For Your Lives is an apocalyptic 5K obstacle race. But you’re not just running against the clock — you’re running from brain-hungry, virus-spreading, bloody zombies.

Basic Survival
•Before the race, you will be given a flag belt, just like the overly intimidating game of flag football. These flags represent your health.
•The zombies want to take your flags and maybe eat your brains.
•If you lose all your health flags, you die. And the zombies win.
•Health bonuses will be hidden throughout the course. If you find one and carry it to the finish, it will save your life.
What You’re Up Against
•Throughout the 5K obstacle race, there will be a series of man-made and natural obstacles for you to complete. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not be eligible for prizes.
•There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you — but mainly go after your health, in the form of your flag belt. Avoid the zombies to keep your health flags.
•Use speed, strategy and your intact brains to make it to the FINISH LINE “alive” with at least ONE FLAG INTACT (or a health bonus pack). If you finish with zero health flags, this means the zombies have successfully transformed you into the “undead”; your time will be recorded, but you will not be eligible for awards.
How You’ll Do It
There will be a start line, and a finish line, but what happens in between is up to you. There are multiple routes to reach the finish. Choose wisely, or your 5k might turn into a 10k.

For training tips, “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFRfL0fmAOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4XvnVz9qDQ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Can I bring my crossbow?

tumblr_ludibdbq2X1r0ht4mo1_400.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Two things I love...
    Running and zombies!
    Count me IN! :D
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Im trying to get of people up to the Toronto one.

It kind of makes me nervous though that the rules of being a zombie remind people not to bite others.... :?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im trying to get of people up to the Toronto one.

It kind of makes me nervous though that the rules of being a zombie remind people not to bite others.... :?
    :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Can I bring my crossbow?

exactly....fuck this running shit, i'm going on the offensive.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I already ran this in Amesbury, MA ...it was awesome...muddy...but awesome. Do it if you are a runner and it comes to your state!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    81 wrote:
    Can I bring my crossbow?

When/If this comes to Chicago you should show up armed to the teeth and give an impassioned "THIS IS WHERE WE MAKE OUR STAND" speech.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    edited May 2012
    If you kill all the other runners.... the zombies are just going to concentrate more on you...
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Can I bring my crossbow?

When/If this comes to Chicago you should show up armed to the teeth and give an impassioned "THIS IS WHERE WE MAKE OUR STAND" speech.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

perhaps a paintball gun, with a head shot needed to stop them. :lol:

now we are having fun.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I already ran this in Amesbury, MA ...it was awesome...muddy...but awesome. Do it if you are a runner and it comes to your state!

thanks for the endorsement. I was a little worried it would be dumb. Im trying to get people to do this in Toronto. I think I may have a zombie so far and me.