The Man Cave

drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Fellas,

If you have or could have a man cave, what would it include?

I'm putting together ideas for a man cave with all of the automotive things that I have.

http://pinterest.com/drivingrl/ideas-for-the-man-cave/

And yes, I realize that ladies don't typically have man caves. I don't know what else to call it, because calling it a lady cave sounds pervy. LOL! But ideally I want a big comfy couch, big screen TV, and a bar in there for watching the game.
drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i lived in my parents basement when i was in high school and my dad told me to make it into a "bachelor pad".. so i did. it wasn't anything special, just surround sound stereo system with the tv, dvd player, playstation 2 all hooked up.. and the bar my dad built years earlier

if i had one now it would definately have a bar, surround sound stereo, poker table, dart board, and a pool table(space permitting)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The biggest television that will fit in the room.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    conman wrote:
    if i had one now it would definately have a bar, surround sound stereo, poker table, dart board, and a pool table(space permitting)

I don't know that I could afford a pool table, but it would be great. But I would keep the Xbox and Wii in with the surround sound.
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    DS1119 wrote:

Maybe a projector! :o

Now you've got me thinking!

Next!"
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    drivingrl wrote:
    conman wrote:

I don't know that I could afford a pool table, but it would be great. But I would keep the Xbox and Wii in with the surround sound.
    i can't afford any of those right now :lol:

but if i could, that's what i would do

by the way, good luck with it! just do whatever will make you happy and not break the bank
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    drivingrl wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Projectors are great, a friend of mine has one, he's got the PS3/TV/Internet hooked up to it.
    -

As far as my place goes, I keep everything pretty basic, got a few bean bag chairs scattered around, http://www.sumolounge.com/, I like racing so I got a racing wheel set up, musical instruments, some tech stuff, a Vaporizer, sound system etc.
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    DS1119 wrote:

Next week i will get mine and then my cave is ready :D:D

A bag of chips,a couple of drinks,a Pj live disc in the player and the volume up and its party-time 8-)8-)
    All my neighbours are also jammers and we will all be cavemen then 8-)8-)
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
    Idris wrote:
    As far as my place goes, I keep everything pretty basic, got a few bean bag chairs scattered around, http://www.sumolounge.com/, I like racing so I got a racing wheel set up, musical instruments, some tech stuff, a Vaporizer, sound system etc.

Those chairs look very comfy.

Next!"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Instead Iof one projector, I would spring for 2 52 inch tvs so you can put them next to each other.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    mine is in the planning stage.

Definitely a 60"-ish TV with good surround sound... including my turntable and a vinyl display case/shelves of some sort. Also have a ton of sports and music memoribilia to display.

A 1/2 bathroom def.

Massage chair/recliner.

PS3/360

I would like a shuffleboard game. They are expensive and long. If not, bubble hockey. Probably a dart board.

One room is going to be a gym with a mirrored wall, Mounted TV and dvd player. I have adjustable dumbbells which save space.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Mini/beer fridge :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    drivingrl wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

That's what I have... with comfy couches... refrig... if I wasn't moving we would have added more :cry:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I like the term basement over man cave. Man cave sounds like there should be strobe lights and Right Said Fred, whatever their name is, playing. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I like the term basement over man cave. Man cave sounds like there should be strobe lights and Right Said Fred, whatever their name is, playing. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

"man cave" makes me cringe every time i hear it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    63in TV with PC/PS3 hooked to it- check
    Yamaha 7.1 Surround w/600w 12in Klipsch Sub - check
    All controlled wirelessly thru iPad - check
    Custom Built Bar - check
    Fridge - check
    Bar sink - check
    Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots - check
    Framed Billboard Print behind Bar - check

MY Cave
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:
    Custom Built Bar - check
    Fridge - check
    Bar sink - check

MY Cave

That is amazeballs. I doff my cap to you, sir.

Next!"
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

"man cave" makes me cringe every time i hear it.

I don't know how else to refer to it. I am not a man, but it is a place that I want to establish to get away from everything and watch the hockey games on a ridiculously giant TV.

Women traditionally have craft rooms, but I'm certainly not putting together a craft room! :lol:

Next!"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    drivingrl wrote:
    conman wrote:

ppl sell used pool tables constantly. i've had two in my lifetime. one was free the other was a $50 dollar bill
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i ripped the inside door panel off the driver's side of my car the other week ago. it was caveman style automobile repair at it finest. the panel in two pieces now resides in the back seat.

would you appreaciate my car's door panel(s) if i sent them to you? it is for sure caveman certified merchandise

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Mutliple TVs so you can watch multiple sporting events at once (at least 2, maybe 3). Maybe something like a huge screen in the middle 50-60 inches with a smaller one on each side (30-40 inches). A kegerator would be a nice addition as well.
    Mutliple TVs so you can watch multiple sporting events at once (at least 2, maybe 3). Maybe something like a huge screen in the middle 50-60 inches with a smaller one on each side (30-40 inches). A kegerator would be a nice addition as well.
    i knew a dude like this. he had a thing for sports betting. his sport tv room had at least 7 televisions in it. he watched different teams different sports all day/night long and betted like a wildman.

literally made me ill watching 7 tvs at once. let alone sports television which would get clubbed to death if it were mine :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pjradio wrote:
    Custom Built Bar - check
    Fridge - check
    Bar sink - check

MY Cave
    dbqn4k.jpg
    14vmonm.jpg
    1x0na.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:
    dbqn4k.jpg
    14vmonm.jpg
    1x0na.jpg

I love it, dude. :clap: I forgot about my PJ posters. I could put those up, too.

Next!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    MayDay10 wrote:

Definitely a 60"-ish TV with good surround sound... including my turntable and a vinyl display case/shelves of some sort. Also have a ton of sports and music memoribilia to display.

A 1/2 bathroom def.

Massage chair/recliner.

PS3/360

I would like a shuffleboard game. They are expensive and long. If not, bubble hockey. Probably a dart board.

One room is going to be a gym with a mirrored wall, Mounted TV and dvd player. I have adjustable dumbbells which save space.

Bubble hockey. Yes!
    DS1119 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

A 1/2 bathroom def.

Massage chair/recliner.

PS3/360

Bubble hockey. Yes!

I don't know that I could afford a separate table, be it pool or bubble hockey. (In an ideal world, I'd have a vintage video game like PacMan or something.) I was thinking, though, that it might be worthwhile to have two screens - one for the game, and then one for the Xbox/Wii.

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    conman wrote:

Good call on the poker table, though. I need a table/seating area for the hookah.

Next!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    pjradio wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Custom Built Bar - check
    Fridge - check
    Bar sink - check

MY Cave
    dbqn4k.jpg
    14vmonm.jpg
    1x0na.jpg

the pink stroller is a nice touch...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

No kiddos allowed in the cave. :nono:

Next!"
    RKCNDY wrote:

Next!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    drivingrl wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I don't have kids...none will be allowed in the 'chill room' at the next house.
    I hate the term 'man cave' too...i'll just tell him "Go hang out in the garage!" (he already took over my art room :evil: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless